2020 MLB Draft Thread

soxfan49

1 hour ago, bmags said:

I’ve never heard this debate I’m only familiar with bad white sox draft comp vs bad white sox draft comp.

Im assuming you meant it’s a choice between Aaron poreda or uh *looks through draft history* Steve...uh Steve trout

Nose candy went to my high school as well as Cliff floyd.

23 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Bistko >>>>>>>>>>> Abel too

I'd rather have the one extra year of development under my control. Bistko being really young is a huge advantage.

Agreed. I like Abel as a long term project. He has everything you want in an HS pitching prospect. (except maybe being LH)

3 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Hilarious that Vaughn is better than Torkelson and yet Torkelson is easily 1-1 because he MIGHT POSSIBLY POTENTIALLY COULD play LF MAYBE.

Baseball teams have become so much smarter, yet still have weird stupid rules for prospects.

Its also because this year is crazy for scouting so the "safe" factor makes a huge difference. 

4 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Hilarious that Vaughn is better than Torkelson and yet Torkelson is easily 1-1 because he MIGHT POSSIBLY POTENTIALLY COULD play LF MAYBE.

Baseball teams have become so much smarter, yet still have weird stupid rules for prospects.

It's the same reason why if Meyer was slightly taller, he'd be a 1-1 candidate.

I just don't get it. Stuff is stuff.

8 minutes ago, Quin said:

It's the same reason why if Meyer was slightly taller, he'd be a 1-1 candidate.

I just don't get it. Stuff is stuff.

For arms, this is more of a durability issue being 6'0 or shorter as a starter. I think it's nonsense at the top of the top of the talent pools, though.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run

29 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Vaughn might be a slightly better hitter than tork but his is a bit undersized at 6 ft and his raw power is ok but not spectacular for a 1b (last year his top ev was 111 mph which would have ranked 100th+ in mlb last year).

He still probably has the chance to hit 30+ Homers but he doesn't have the classic plus plus raw for a 1b but more above  average power that plays up due to his good bat.

That a 6 ft 1b with 55-60 raw is selected third overall shows how highly the industry rates his bat.