4.11 games

bighurt4life

1 minute ago, fathom said:

I just don’t get what they saw if they were never going to try him at SS.  2-3 WAR 2nd baseman aren’t very special.  Taking a guy with the 4th pick that you’re shocked if they get an extra base hit is a bad plan.

Right or wrong, I’m sure they were expecting much more power than he’s displayed so far.

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

I just don’t get what they saw if they were never going to try him at SS.  2-3 WAR 2nd baseman aren’t very special.  Taking a guy with the 4th pick that you’re shocked if they get an extra base hit is a bad plan.

When was the last time the Sox got a consistent 2-3 fWAR player at any position besides Abreu?

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

I’m much concerned about the AA guys striking out 40% to 60% of the time than Madrigal not showing power yet.

This. I get that AA is a huge jump but if those guys have horrid years in AA you have to start to question whether or not they're prospects. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

When was the last time the Sox got a consistent 2-3 fWAR player at any position besides Abreu?

That's really not a reason to draft him.  A team has few opportunities to acquire a superstar and when they do have that opportunity they have to jump on it.  There are a number of ways to acquire an average player at a low impact position.  They should have gone with the player with the highest ceiling not the highest floor.

1 minute ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

That's really not a reason to draft him.  A team has few opportunities to acquire a superstar and when they do have that opportunity they have to jump on it.  There are a number of ways to acquire an average player at a low impact position.  They should have gone with the player with the highest ceiling not the highest floor.

Really? Because it hasn’t seemed so easy in recent years for the Sox. And few opportunities? Well, they’ve got an even better opportunity this June and perhaps next June as well. They can go Abrams or Witt but when they bust because the Sox have a difficult time developing those types of high school players, what then? High ceiling is great and all if they are able to help them achieve those heights. Their track record in that regard isn’t great.

I just don’t understand how people can say that the organization is poor in developing young, raw talent (which it is) but then be upset when they pass on players that are exactly that. Kelenic fit that category last year. Witt jr and Abrams this year. If they had a better development team then I’d want them taking chances on those high risk plays as well but they don’t. It is what it is.

Edited by JUSTgottaBELIEVE

17 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Right or wrong, I’m sure they were expecting much more power than he’s displayed so far.

Yet they’ve seemingly done nothing with his mechanics to help him. Rather it seems he’s still chopping the ball quite often and the contact is rather soft. Meanwhile we hear about other guys like Hoerner that immediately got their swing adjusted and showed a lot more pop.

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Good lord...silly stats. Can he skip AA to not be infected by Baronitis?

I'm sayin. I think he'll be alright cuz of the Cuban league he was in prior. Probably the only guy that I can see having an Eloy like impact at AA.

25 minutes ago, fathom said:

Maybe they saw Rod Carew who never hit 15 home runs but had a seven year stretch where he averaged a 7 WAR. 

• Like 1