4.11 games

bighurt4life

8 hours ago, GreenSox said:

Not the desired ceiling for a top 5 pick..  Plus it's really hard to be a productive singles hitter.,,,most of them have their lucky years with high BA, not so luck years and are overall blah players.

Again, if he did everything else average I would tend to agree but from all reports he’s terrific defensively, good on the base paths, and has a strong IQ. 35 year old Ian Kinsler produced 2.3 fWAR last season with a .681 OPS. I don’t see why Madrigal can’t do at least that based on his profile.

Edited by JUSTgottaBELIEVE

10 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I’m much concerned about the AA guys striking out 40% to 60% of the time than Madrigal not showing power yet.

Hatch is a good pitcher for the Cubs at Tenn. He no-hit the Barons in his 5 innings. Last night it was a good pitcher, but yeah they need to start hitting.

11 hours ago, SoxAce said:

I'm sayin. I think he'll be alright cuz of the Cuban league he was in prior. Probably the only guy that I can see having an Eloy like impact at AA.

Cuban league baseball is equivalent to A-ball, not AA. Low A at that.

AA is a really tough place to hit in our organization. You already have the skill jump from high a to AA and then you're playing in a bunch of pitchers parks. Sox have a problem because Robert is wasting his time at A+ and needs to be at AA but the Sox have 3 outfielders there that desperately need reps too.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run

1 hour ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Robert has been awesome power-wise, but I’m not promoting him until I see a little better plate discipline.  He’s our last hope of developing a star internally and we really need to make sure we get things right with him.

Hes not going to develop plate discipline against a bunch of guys he can dominate physically. He's not gonna work at bats at a level where his ops is 2000.

5 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Hes not going to develop plate discipline against a bunch of guys he can dominate physically. He's not gonna work at bats at a level where his ops is 2000.

He may not draw a ton of walks, but he’s striking out 25% of the time right now.  There is zero reason that can’t approve in High A.

7 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

He may not draw a ton of walks, but he’s striking out 25% of the time right now.  There is zero reason that can’t approve in High A.

Yes but guys change out of necessity - they adjust when they need to adjust. If you want to see how someone adjusts to struggles they need to get to a level that forces that adjustment. Right now theres no need for him to cut down on his swing, shorten his path to the ball, and work counts because he can be the best player at his level without doing that.

Robert should not spend much more time at WS. It's a waste of his development time. The pitch he hit a mile last night was such a bad pitch.

He has a wRC+ over 300 lol. I'd like to see him work counts and at least draw a walk at a 7% clip but he doesnt even need to try to do that now since swinging is so much more valuable to him at that level.

15 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Yes but guys change out of necessity - they adjust when they need to adjust. If you want to see how someone adjusts to struggles they need to get to a level that forces that adjustment. Right now theres no need for him to cut down on his swing, shorten his path to the ball, and work counts because he can be the best player at his level without doing that.

Robert should not spend much more time at WS. It's a waste of his development time. The pitch he hit a mile last night was such a bad pitch.

He has a wRC+ over 300 lol. I'd like to see him work counts and at least draw a walk at a 7% clip but he doesnt even need to try to do that now since swinging is so much more valuable to him at that level.

I don’t necessarily disagree, but if the kid is K’ing 25% against bad pitching he’s going to fall on his face in AA.  Those bad pitches he’s crushing right now will be there far less frequently.  That may force him to adjust, but there’s zero reason he can’t make some efforts now to improve the K issue.  I’d just like to see some moderate gains before I send him to an environment that will no doubt be very challenging.

8 hours ago, bmags said:

That’s fair and I’m someone who thought he should start in Birmingham, it’s more I find it annoying anytime someone had a good game that they should be moved up.

Robert has 5 home runs, 14 RBIs, batting almost .500, and and OPS over 1.500 in 7 games. That is more than just having "a good game".

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Jose Abreu came from the exact same league right to the bigs. From all accounts, that league is probably in the A+ to AA range. I remember Red Sox took some ripping with starting Moncada in the SAL. 

Edited by SoxAce

8 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

Jose Abreu came from the exact same league right to the bigs. From all accounts, that league is probably in the A+ to AA range. 

Nah, especially today. The talent has been decimated. The Cuban leagues today are A maybe. Certainly not anywhere near AA. Only foreign leagues that are equal or better to AA baseball is the nippon league. That's really it. 

If you want to link something that says that I'd love to read it. I have the statistical adjustments being similar to A ball. Not a huge sample but... 

33 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

If you want to link something that says that I'd love to read it. I have the statistical adjustments being similar to A ball. Not a huge sample but... 

You are correct that it varies. I've seen some on A+ (which is what I was saying) and some more or less in between. Most of the articles I found are from 12-17 but here's one more recent that actually mentions other articles/graphics to link down below. Cuban Stats: Examining the big picture. I know Davenport is very big on accessing Cuban players numbers to A+ and comparing them in particular. 

19 hours ago, OneDog847 said:

The Sox farm is simply not that deep. Some guys are gonna get absolutely exposed this year at AA and turn into the next Trey Michalzewski. 

You could say that about any system, C'mon now

Very happy with the state of the Sox system outside of health

19 hours ago, Whitesox27 said:

Luis Robert is a freak of nature. Him and Eloy in the same outfield is going to be so much fun to watch.

Moncada and Eloy and Robert Oh my (And Collins and Anderson, etc.)

19 hours ago, bmags said:

I swear end of April last year Brett Austin was hitting like .300 and by end of May it was like .100.

Barely any baseball has been played. Roberts kind of demolishing is a great sign but he has not been “held back”. 

Yup, everyone chill out

16 hours ago, Jose Abreu said:

Let the record show that one of my bold predictions for 2019 was "Luis Robert ends the season as the #1 prospect in baseball"

I had him progressing as fast as Puig in Spring of '18

If not for poor health, who knows

Can't wait to see him man CF in ChiTown

8 hours ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

AA is a really tough place to hit in our organization. You already have the skill jump from high a to AA and then you're playing in a bunch of pitchers parks. Sox have a problem because Robert is wasting his time at A+ and needs to be at AA but the Sox have 3 outfielders there that desperately need reps too.

Not saying you're wrong, but not sure how accurate that is

Probably more like A+ ball, an in between of A+ and AA probably

• Like 1

On 4/12/2019 at 7:49 AM, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Why not just send him straight to AAA in May if he keeps raking like this?

Edited by SoxBlanco

6 hours ago, bmags said:

I’d be more in favor of sending him from AA to the majors then skipping AA for AAA

The advantage these days of playing in AAA is they use the same ball as MLB.  Players can get used to it for both pitching and hitting.  For Sox hitters, obviously, Birmingham is such a bad place to hit you worry it will mess them up.  That said, Robert needs games.  Skipping levels is beside the point.