4.11 games

bighurt4life

3 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

I just don’t understand how people can say that the organization is poor in developing young, raw talent (which it is) but then be upset when they pass on players that are exactly that. Kelenic fit that category last year. Witt jr and Abrams this year. If they had a better development team then I’d want them taking chances on those high risk plays as well but they don’t. It is what it is.

It's pretty simple.  I don't accept we're bad at it so we're not going to bother as an excuse.  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, fathom said:

Yet they’ve seemingly done nothing with his mechanics to help him. Rather it seems he’s still chopping the ball quite often and the contact is rather soft. Meanwhile we hear about other guys like Hoerner that immediately got their swing adjusted and showed a lot more pop.

I haven’t seen him this year so I really can’t comment on his swing, but we have zero track record of successfully making these types of adjustments so I can’t say I’m entirely surprised.

Edited by Chicago White Sox

3 minutes ago, JuliusO1274 said:

How long are they going to delay promoting Robert? Is this another one they going to delay moving up levels so he won't force the issue of bring him up this year like Eloy did last year.  

This is his 7th game this year. If he doesn't get promoted after May I'd say it's okay to start b****ing, but the biggest thing for him is just to stay healthy and get ABs regardless of level.

I swear end of April last year Brett Austin was hitting like .300 and by end of May it was like .100.

Barely any baseball has been played. Roberts kind of demolishing is a great sign but he has not been “held back”. 

1 hour ago, ron883 said:

Will that work in the majors now a days? Cant think of many players that literally get no extra base hits.

Not every player needs to fit a mold.  If he hits, steals bases, and plays really good defense, he will bring value to the team even if he only hit singles.  There should be enough power on the team to play where you can support a guy that is a singles hitter.  

Just now, turnin' two said:

Not every player needs to fit a mold.  If he hits, steals bases, and plays really good defense, he will bring value to the team even if he only hit singles.  There should be enough power on the team to play where you can support a guy that is a singles hitter.  

Not the desired ceiling for a top 5 pick..  Plus it's really hard to be a productive singles hitter.,,,most of them have their lucky years with high BA, not so luck years and are overall blah players.

3 minutes ago, GreenSox said:

Not the desired ceiling for a top 5 pick..  Plus it's really hard to be a productive singles hitter.,,,most of them have their lucky years with high BA, not so luck years and are overall blah players.

Maybe not, but I'm not sure why you would expect him to be something different than he has always been.  He didn't hit for power in college, To expect that he will magically do so now seems like no more than wishful thinking.  Madrigal, at the time was the safest pick.  The best bet to become a solid major leaguer.  In my opinion, he was not picked because of a superstar, MVP type ceiling.  He was picked because he had the perceived floor of an everyday MLB 2B.

4 hours ago, bmags said:

I swear end of April last year Brett Austin was hitting like .300 and by end of May it was like .100.

Barely any baseball has been played. Roberts kind of demolishing is a great sign but he has not been “held back”. 

He hit .324 with an .800 OPS in the Arizona Fall League (over 79 PA, which isn't that small of a sample). Sending him to Winston-Salem was comically conservative. That said, I'm fine with waiting until May to promote him. Any longer is starting to waste his time.

3 hours ago, danman31 said:

He hit .324 with an .800 OPS in the Arizona Fall League (over 79 PA, which isn't that small of a sample). Sending him to Winston-Salem was comically conservative. That said, I'm fine with waiting until May to promote him. Any longer is starting to waste his time.

That’s fair and I’m someone who thought he should start in Birmingham, it’s more I find it annoying anytime someone had a good game that they should be moved up.