Sox @ Yankees, 4/12, 6:05 CT

soxfan49

Now hitting 304 with a 347 OBP and just a matter of time before a power surge comes. As I’ve said all week, with the way TA, Moncada, and Eloy are playing I don’t quite understand why there’s so much doom and gloom. With what Robert is doing in the minors, the Sox have the makings of a foursome of everyday players that Will be able to match any team in the league.

• Like 2

Just now, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Now hitting 304 with a 347 OBP and just a matter of time before a power surge comes. As I’ve said all week, with the way TA, Moncada, and Eloy are playing I don’t quite understand why there’s so much doom and gloom. With what Robert is doing in the minors, the Sox have the makings of a foursome of everyday players that Will be able to match any team in the league.

Your optimism in what is often a downpour of dour is appreciated.

Mainly because the pitching is still very high risk, and most of us no longer have faith that this FO can bring the right free agents to complete the roster.

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

Just now, gusguyman said:

Mainly because the pitching is still very high risk, and most of us no longer have faith that this FO can bring the right free agents to complete the roster.

No question the pitching is a mess but, man, this lineup has a chance to be unbelievable next year with the addition of a JDM.

No question the pitching is a mess but, man, this lineup has a chance to be unbelievable next year with the addition of a JDM.

I appreciate the optimism, but unless multiple OF prospects make massive jumps this year and make it all the way to the majors, our line-up is more than one piece away from "unbelievable." 

• Love 1

Just now, gusguyman said:

I appreciate the optimism, but unless multiple OF prospects make massive jumps this year and make it all the way to the majors, our line-up is more than one piece away from "unbelievable." 

I won’t be surprised if we see Robert in late April next year. Collins will be up this year. A lineup with TA, Moncada, Eloy, JDM, Robert, Collins has a chance to be special. Optimistic? Maybe. But it’s not a fantasy by any means.