Sox @ Yankees, 4/12, 6:05 CT

soxfan49

4 minutes ago, AustinIllini said:

Good rule.  Credit the players whenever possible.  

Obviously if there is a lead change it gets super dicy, but nothing has really changed from the bottom of the 6th.  

yep especially in today's fantasy era.

1 minute ago, fathom said:

yep especially in today's fantasy era.

I honestly believe if the player does something, they earn it.  I honestly do not care how it affects the game.  If it happened, it happened.  Anything in regulation counts

Just now, AustinIllini said:

I honestly believe if the player does something, they earn it.  I honestly do not care how it affects the game.  If it happened, it happened.  Anything in regulation counts

speaking of which, when they show career stats a hitter has against a pitcher, does it take into account postseason at bats?  I didn't think it did, as I recall seeing someone facing a pitcher and I remember that hitter having a huge homer against the guy and it said he didn't have any success against him.

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

You clearly haven’t been following the minors this season bro.

Robert and Cease.........and then yikes.  It's not bad though, if I had to pick one prospect I wanted to succeed, I would say Robert and then Cease.

28 minutes ago, AustinIllini said:

@Chicago White Sox says you must be miserable.  This rebuild is a disaster.

Only one top prospect since Frank Thomas?  What a disaster.

I haven’t once expressed concern about Eloy this season.  But I’m also a realist and not going to pretend everything is rainbows & unicorns right now.  I know you get off telling everyone how stupid they are, but your optimism isn’t based on anything objective.  Three or four players isn’t enough for a successful rebuild.

3 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I haven’t once expressed concern about Eloy this season.  But I’m also a realist and not going to pretend everything is rainbows & unicorns right now.  I know you get off telling everyone how stupid they are, but your optimism isn’t based on anything objective.  Three or four players isn’t enough for a successful rebuild.

No, honestly.  You're just a troll.  Own up to it.  It's a sick joke you have that handle.

How many players are they going to need?  

And did Michael Kopech die in surgery?

Edited by AustinIllini

3 minutes ago, AustinIllini said:

I'm not sure what about Zach Collins and Luis Robert would make you so unhappy.  

Yes, it's super cool that a team that's been tanking for 3 years has those 2 dudes to fall back on right now. Would certainly suck if they were Atlanta or San Diego and have a dozen. 

• Love 1

Just now, Kalapse said:

Yes, it's super cool that a team that's been tanking for 3 years has those 2 dudes to fall back on right now. Would certainly suck if the were Atlanta or San Diego and have a dozen. 

Did we write off Nick Madrigal, btw?  

1 minute ago, Kalapse said:

Yes, it's super cool that a team that's been tanking for 3 years has those 2 dudes to fall back on right now. Would certainly suck if they were Atlanta or San Diego and have a dozen. 

But Collins is going to be so valuable as a 1 WAR platoon first baseman that struggles to hit .225 :)

1 minute ago, fathom said:

But Collins is going to be so valuable as a 1 WAR platoon first baseman that struggles to hit .225 :)

Low rent.

It's too bad this place has become a cesspool of non-takes.  I mean, for God's sake this is worse than a Bulls board.  You're watching the best White Sox prospect since Frank Thomas and you still find a way to moan.  After a win.

Edited by AustinIllini
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, AustinIllini said:

No, honestly.  You're just a troll.  Own up to it.  It's a sick joke you have that handle.

How many players are they going to need?  

And did Michael Kopech die in surgery?

We have a real good talent pool in the minors- don’t let them fool you into believing otherwise 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kalapse said:

Hit it with an optimistic take. I'm down with buying in, just need a good take.

Can we start with the obvious?  Neither Moncada nor Eloy look overmatched in the slightest and even in losses we get production from our prospects.  

The progress from these guys is very pleasing.  

Edited by AustinIllini
  • Like 1