Sox @ Yankees, 4/12, 6:05 CT

soxfan49

4 minutes ago, SoxBlanco said:

Didn’t Collins begin last year in AA with a historically bad start? Then he turned it around in May. I could be remembering wrong. 

I believe you’re correct, although the difference with Collins is he was still taking walks when he was struggling.  Adolfo, Rutherford, Gonzalez, & Sheets have been horrific in all aspects offensively.  High K rates, low BB rates, and no power whatsoever.  It’s still very early for them and much can change, but AA is the big test for prospects and these starts are concerning at the very least.

Anyways, my point wasn’t to declare doom & gloom, but to simply call out AustinIllini for making a series of dumb statements.  Eloy hitting two bombs yesterday doesn’t change the trajectory of the rebuild in the slightest.  Pretty much everyone hear is already banking on him being a stud hitter.  And saying the minors is just bubbling with talent is completely ignoring all the question marks right now between injuries & slow starts.  I’m all for optimism when warranted, but AustinIllini has this bizarre pro-Hahn superiority complex that causes him to hype up the rebuild to unrealistic levles and insult those who express any concern where things currently stand.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I believe you’re correct, although the difference with Collins is he was still taking walks when he was struggling.  Adolfo, Rutherford, Gonzalez, & Sheets have been horrific in all aspects offensively.  High K rates, low BB rates, and no power whatsoever.  It’s still very early for them and much can change, but AA is the big test for prospects and these starts are concerning at the very least.

Anyways, my point wasn’t to declare doom & gloom, but to simply call out AustinIllini for making a series of dumb statements.  Eloy hitting two bombs yesterday doesn’t change the trajectory of the rebuild in the slightest.  Pretty much everyone hear is already banking on him being a stud hitter.  And saying the minors is just bubbling with talent is completely ignoring all the question marks right now between injuries & slow starts.  I’m all for optimism when warranted, but AustinIllini has this bizarre pro-Hahn superiority complex that causes him to hype up the rebuild to unrealistic levles and insult those who express any concern where things currently stand.

Take it up with your therapist. Thanks for ruining another winning game thread. 

Edited by AustinIllini