Sox @ Yankees, 4/12, 6:05 CT

soxfan49

All hail to Eloy. All hail to the hail. Had it not got rained out, our bullpen woulda had to hold that lead in NY. Hmmmm. Oh well, Eloy mighta hit a third homer as well and we mighta won, 12-10. GO Eloy!

• Love 1

1 minute ago, AustinIllini said:

Can we start with the obvious?  Neither Moncada nor Eloy look overmatched in the slightest and even in losses we get production from our prospects.  

The progress from these guys is very pleasing.  

Yes, it's awesome. #1 and #3 overall prospects thriving is great, especially after trading elite talent on team friendly contracts to get there, just a little tough looking beyond that.

• Love 1

21 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

You clearly haven’t been following the minors this season bro.

Robert, Collins, Cease, Sosa, Zavala, Lambert, and Flores are all off to a good start. And the most important two (Robert and Cease) have been phenomenal. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, SoxBlanco said:

Robert, Collins, Cease, Sosa, Zavala, Lambert, and Flores are all off to a good start. And the most important two (Robert and Cease) have been phenomenal. 

Yeah, I'm not sure if he expected everyone to get off to hot starts. The season just started. I'd say Walker has looked good too. 

• Like 2

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Yeah, I'm not sure if he expected everyone to get off to hot starts. The season just started. I'd say Walker has looked good too. 

Completely forgot about Walker. He’s been great, even if it is at a level too low for where he should be. 

The AA outfielders have been bad, but it’s a big jump moving to AA and it’s only April 12. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Is this really the best you got?  Playing the troll card?

The shoe fits. Wear it with pride. Your attitude is a blight on this board.

it has to be said. I am going to drop it. Just don’t waste your time moaning after a White Sox won where the franchise future hit two bombs. 

Edited by AustinIllini

7 minutes ago, AustinIllini said:

it has to be said. I am going to drop it. Just don’t waste your time moaning after a White Sox won where the franchise future hit two bombs. 

A White Sox won (sic) is fun, especially with Eloy launching bombs. Gonna need a bit more than that, 

26 minutes ago, SoxBlanco said:

And Madrigal, Adolfo, Rutherford, Gonzalez, Sheets, Rivera, Bush, & Curbelo have gotten off to terrible starts.  Furthermore, Kopech & Dunning are recovering from TJS and Basabe, Burger, Burdi, and Tyler Johnson are all out with injuries.  I’m not suggesting the rebuild is doomed, but AustinIllini is a complete buffoon is he honestly thinks the minors have been great this year.  We’re gonna need much more than Robert & Cease to come out of our minor league system for this thing to work and I’m not sure I have confidence in anyone else at the moment.  It’s very early and a lot can change, but the AA guys stumbling out of the gate should be very concerning for even the most optimistic posters here.

Edited by Chicago White Sox
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, AustinIllini said:

Lol...where was I moaning?  I just called you out for making a dumb statement about the farm system.  But I guess if anyone disagrees with the almighty AustinIllini they must be a troll.

Amazing to see and somewhat ironic.  I think most of us expected the pitching to be much better than the lineup going forward but it may be the opposite.  Hopefully, Jerry will loosen the purse strings on what is needed going forward.

1 hour ago, AustinIllini said:

No, honestly.  You're just a troll.  Own up to it.  It's a sick joke you have that handle.

Your best day of posting doesn’t even come close to comparing to the thoughtfulness and insight provided by CWS on his worst day of posting.  

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I haven’t once expressed concern about Eloy this season.  But I’m also a realist and not going to pretend everything is rainbows & unicorns right now.  I know you get off telling everyone how stupid they are, but your optimism isn’t based on anything objective.  Three or four players isn’t enough for a successful rebuild.

Thank you.

Big Daddy can't do it alone.

This org has many holes to fill 

8 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

And Madrigal, Adolfo, Rutherford, Gonzalez, Sheets, Rivera, Bush, & Curbelo have gotten off to terrible starts.  Furthermore, Kopech & Dunning are recovering from TJS and Basabe, Burger, Burdi, and Tyler Johnson are all out with injuries.  I’m not suggesting the rebuild is doomed, but AustinIllini is a complete buffoon is he honestly thinks the minors have been great this year.  We’re gonna need much more than Robert & Cease to come out of our minor league system for this thing to work and I’m not sure I have confidence in anyone else at the moment.  It’s very early and a lot can change, but the AA guys stumbling out of the gate should be very concerning for even the most optimistic posters here.

Didn’t Collins begin last year in AA with a historically bad start? Then he turned it around in May. I could be remembering wrong. 

10 hours ago, Jack Parkman said:

Now Ruiz is going to allow the inherited runners to score and Gio's ERA gets inflated by Renteria's mismanaging again. 

Gio was bad last year, but he probably actually pitched to a 4.80-5.10 ERA, but Ricky's mismanagement cost him 1-1.5 runs. 

After looking through this thread, just excuses after excuses from you about Giolito's performance. It's actually pretty comical.

Edited by soxfan2014