And that’s a White Sox Winner!

flavum

Awesome to see Eloy coming around power wise.  It was just a matter of time with him.

Moncada with no K’s tonight is also very nice to see.

I’d say even Giolito showed some promising signs.  He’s got to figure out his first inning BS but his definitely looks way better than last year.  While I wish he could work with a different pitching coach, there still may be some hope for him.

40 minutes ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

He definitely seems to be showing signs of improvement, the results just aren't there yet.

^^^^^^^

I'm only vocal about Giolito because the majority of the board thinks he sucks and should have been DFA last June. I think I'm the only one who sees something there, and realizes that he was a massive reclamation project when he was acquired. 

Giolito was awful last season. I'm not arguing that. Should he probably have been in Charlotte working it out? In a perfect world, yeah. Options are a thing.

Renteria has done him no favors since the beginning of last season, to say the least. 

If Giolito was still the guy that was the top pitching prospect in the game and #3 in baseball in December 2016, he wouldn't have been available for Adam Eaton. They're not quite ready to turn the corner toward winning yet so the Sox can afford to fix Giolito. It seems like they're almost there. 

Image result for yoda

Patience, young Padowan. 

I'm still somewhat neutral to cautiously optimistic about the Sox. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, turnin' two said:

When 5 IP, 6h 4BB and 6R, 4ER is improvement, you've already eaten the crap sandwich.

Renteria did him no favors, that's for sure.  That line is nowhere near great but somewhat acceptable given the game conditions and opponent. 

Why does everyone expect these guys to be fucking Trout and Scherzer right away. 

You all have unrealistic expectations. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

15 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Renteria did him no favors there. That is nowhere near great but somewhat acceptable given the game conditions and opponent. 

A WHIP of 2?  An ERA of 7.2? That is completely dreadful.  He gutted it out yeah, but he was bad.  He made it 5. Against a depleted Yankee team in terrible conditions.  But it doesn't look like a turning point.  If the Sox were a real team right now, this would not even be somewhat almost nearly acceptable.  But seeing as they're not maybe you are right.  There is no reason to not hope on him becoming a servicable starter.

Edited by turnin' two
  • Like 1
  • Love 1