Sox @ Yankees, 4/13, 12:05

soxfan49

8 minutes ago, Chisox378 said:

I didn't mind that pull. Nova gave up a hit to start the inning. The bad move was to pinch hit Sanchez for Rondon.

Why didn't GIo have a short leash in yesterdays game? He let Gio go over 100 pitches despite battling most of the game but pulls Nova who cruised the whole game. Renteria's strategy is awful. I haven't even mention the ridiculous pinch hit of Sanchez for Rondon just because a pitching change. He puts way too much emphasis on righty/lefty lefty/righty match ups which causes him to make awful moves like that. I'm not someone who uses managers as scapegoats. I never jumped on the Robin hate bandwagon like most White Sox fans. I didn't use him as a scapegoat for bad White Sox teams. Robin was hated for managing a team that failed for many years but his managing was never as bad as Ricky's. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, JuliusO1274 said:

Why didn't GIo have a short leash in yesterdays game? He let Gio go over 100 pitches despite battling most of the game but pulls Nova who cruised the whole game. Renteria's strategy is awful. I haven't even mention the ridiculous pinch hit of Sanchez for Rondon just because a pitching change. He puts way too much emphasis on righty/lefty lefty/righty match ups which causes him to make awful moves like that. I'm not someone who uses managers as scapegoats. I never jumped on the Robin hate bandwagon like most White Sox fans. I didn't use him as a scapegoat for bad White Sox teams. Robin was hated for managing a team that failed for many years but his managing was never as bad as Ricky's. 

They didn't lose because Renteria took out Nova. At that point Nova was being hit a little hard the prior inning and gave up a hit to start the inning and was about to face a lefty. Fry made a good pitch that should have been a double play, Sanchez booted it.

Tale of the tape:

1)poor managing move to pinch hit for Rondon

2)lackluster hitting

1 hour ago, Timmy U said:

Seby can't get here fast enough.  Looks like Castillo's Baltimore season was entirely a product of the juice.

On the other hand, Phegley (a catcher) is batting .333 for Oakland with 3 HR's in 12 games.  Simien is batting .319 and playing good defense (supposedly the reason the Sox let him go).  Bassett, the 3rd player in that trade is on the injured list, but a serviceable pitcher when healthy.

Those 3 guys were traded for Samardzija.  That sure worked out well.

Edited by bubba phillips

33 minutes ago, bubba phillips said:

On the other hand, Phegley (a catcher) is batting .333 for Oakland with 3 HR's in 12 games.  Simien is batting .319 and playing good defense (supposedly the reason the Sox let him go).  Bassett, the 3rd player in that trade is on the injured list, but a serviceable pitcher when healthy.

Those 3 guys were traded for Samardzija.  That sure worked out well.

Phegley has done nothing in his previous seasons and is 31 now,Semien is a below average hitter the past 4 seasons in Oak. I would trade for Samardzija if we had to do it again.

Edited by Chisox378

6 minutes ago, Chisox378 said:

Phegley has done nothing in his previous seasons and is 31 now,Semien is a below average hitter the past 4 seasons in Oak. I would trade for Samardzija if we had to do it again.

What is your definition of an average hitter as a shortstop?

51 minutes ago, Chisox378 said:

They didn't lose because Renteria took out Nova. At that point Nova was being hit a little hard the prior inning and gave up a hit to start the inning and was about to face a lefty. Fry made a good pitch that should have been a double play, Sanchez booted it.

Tale of the tape:

1)poor managing move to pinch hit for Rondon

2)lackluster hitting

Yeah, not many teams win baseball games with 0 runs, 1 hit and 2 baserunners

14 minutes ago, Chisox378 said:

You can say what you wish but cmon, you'd do that trade again? I think you are one of the few who would.

• Like 1