Dallas Keuchel signs one year deal with Braves

SweatyFreddy

After the Sox failed to sign Manny Machado, I remember Rick Hahn saying that they will continue to be aggressive on premium talent. Well, Rick, here's a news flash: the starting pitching staff on your ballclub needs a major league shot in the arm. Lopez and Giolito have regressed (see my post on Don Cooper needs to go) and for all his talent, Carlos Rodon has been inconsistent. Dallas Keuchel remains unsigned. Kindly ask Mr. Reinsdorf to release the vice grip he has on the team's checkbook and sign Dallas Keuchel.

If the price is right I agree we should sign him. Him and Kimbrel.  Everybody is mad we didn't sign 2 average hitters in Machado and Harper for outrageous money, when pitching(and defense) wins championships.

Edited by Chisox378
  • Haha 5

3 minutes ago, Chisox378 said:

If the price is right I agree we should sign him. Him and Kimbrel.  Everybody is mad we didn't sign 2 average hitters in Machado and Harper for outrageous money, when pitching(and defense) wins championships.

Keuchel and Kimbrel aren’t winning this team anything.  And there’s a reason these two guys are still free agents — no team wants to give up a the draft picks.

Edited by Harper2Sox

1 minute ago, Chisox378 said:

I agree Harper and Machado were and are waaaay overrated but I don't like the fact he has a pick attached to him. Kimbrel? Sure, at a good price.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Chisox378 said:

“average hitters”? Lol oh my 

• Thanks 3

4 minutes ago, Chisox378 said:

I could at least find 15 better hitters Harper and Machado and they want the most money ever.

I Still believe the Sox can win this division. I'm not scared to sign Dallas or Kimbrel.

Hell no. I would think about it if they are there post-draft, though.

Edited by soxfan2014

31 minutes ago, Chisox378 said:

What drafts pick do we lose? 

If the White Sox sign either of them before the draft, they would lose their 2nd round pick. 

There is also "hurting 2019 draft pick position and cutting amount of money available for 2019 international signings" that would be affected by the difference between 70 and 73 wins or whatever they produced. 

2 hours ago, Chisox378 said:

Oh, if only one of those players mentioned above were known for their defensive prowess...

Edited by Sleepy Harold
  • Like 1

• knightni changed the title to Dallas Keuchel signs one year deal with Braves