Dallas Keuchel signs one year deal with Braves

SweatyFreddy

On 6/1/2019 at 11:07 PM, Two-Gun Pete said:

For one, if Keuchel signs a one year deal, it won't be for a team with a -50 run differential that he'd be expected to save singlehandedly. So, they'd likely have to overpay, most likely with years. Especially with THAT agent.

Signing Keuchel to HOPE that he'd miracle this team to the WC is throwing good money away, Yonder Alonzo -style.

I don't think anyone is arguing to throw money away.  The thought is see if he would accept a reasonable offer and fans would enjoy a more watchable team.  He might come here and like what is being built.  If not...oh well.

10 hours ago, ptatc said:

sure it does.  it would take them from the 10 pick to the 22 pick and still not make the playoffs.

the team is not good enough to do anything this year. so why waste good draft position next year.

this is assuming it only a one year deal 

Carry the 1, ya this whole post is silly.  

9 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Keuchel must really believe in Boras and his ability to get ready quickly. Hey Keuchel hold out another month .

Boras has always taken good care of Boras.  He gets some clients a lot of money.  Others he cost them months of what is already a short career.

27 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

The people expecting Keuchel to be good after not pitching against pro hitters for 10 months are bound to be disappointed. I would honestly rather stick with Dylan Covey. 

This is a valid point, and I tend to agree. Instead of signing Keuchel, they should be looking for young, controllable rotation pieces that don't fit the window of rebuilding teams, that could be semi cheap. Also, I'd look for guys with a track record of success coming off of TJS that are still controllable for a couple years on rebuilding teams. Bring up Cease and Robert, and let's fucking go!

On 6/4/2019 at 2:18 PM, Whitesox27 said:

With our luck he's just trolling us, but man I would be so happy if Keuchel signed with the Sox. Get him on board, call up Cease, and there's no reason why the Sox can't be the 2nd AL Wild Card team this year.

Is it really trolling for a guy to want as many teams as possible bidding on him ? It just means more money . He'd probably retweet it if fans of every team mentioned him as a possibility.

• knightni changed the title to Dallas Keuchel signs one year deal with Braves