4/13 Games

SoxAce

59 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

He needs to be in Birmingham. Not because of a 9 game sample but because he was too talented to start in A+ to begin with. 

This is looking more and more like the case.   Not a single person on here or in the Sox organization knew that going into this season though.  What a pleasant surprise. 

2 minutes ago, Jerksticks said:

This is looking more and more like the case.   Not a single person on here or in the Sox organization knew that going into this season though.  What a pleasant surprise. 

No, I think everyone *knew* he was this talented. It was about staying healthy for Robert. He is, and that immense talent is on display. I'd have him in A until May 1 and then honestly, I'd skip AA and have him play in AAA until the season ends. Put his ass in CF to open 2020 in Chicago.

2 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

No, I think everyone *knew* he was this talented. It was about staying healthy for Robert. He is, and that immense talent is on display. I'd have him in A until May 1 and then honestly, I'd skip AA and have him play in AAA until the season ends. Put his ass in CF to open 2020 in Chicago.

Talented? yes.  Able to generate results? Nobody knew.  That was the big mystery.  Starting him in AA would have been way too risky and stupid.  If he would have started off slow, all the reactionary-and-blame types on here would have crucified the FO for starting him in AA.  

So glad they made the right call 100% with regard to Robert.  Looks like it might pay huge dividends.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

Why have him skip AA? You move somebody like Booker to AAA. Robert should be in AA. 

With Eloy up, Kopech rehabbing from TJS, Robert tearing it up and Cease picking up where he left off last year in AAA, the top prospect for the White Sox is an interesting debate right now. If you don't count Eloy, is Kopech still next in line? You could probably make an argument for all three. The rest of the pack behind them isn't doing a ton so far, but the system is crazy top heavy.

6 minutes ago, danman31 said:

With Eloy up, Kopech rehabbing from TJS, Robert tearing it up and Cease picking up where he left off last year in AAA, the top prospect for the White Sox is an interesting debate right now. If you don't count Eloy, is Kopech still next in line? You could probably make an argument for all three. The rest of the pack behind them isn't doing a ton so far, but the system is crazy top heavy.

To me it's Robert. Although I would've said that before the season started too. His ceiling is just so high.

12 hours ago, SoxAce said:

Thank god he didn't jam his thumb on that slide to 3B (yea.. he's put that in my head at this point).

I noticed at the game I was at that when gets on the base-paths, he seems to have a protective glove for his hand. But obviously that wouldn’t be relevant for when he hits a triple.

10 hours ago, soxfan49 said:

Frank Thomas actually mentioned having Robert skip AA and send him to AAA. And Frank is a guy who went from AA to the major leagues.