Rick Hahn, Nick Hostetler, Jeremy Haber, and our minor league systems

whitesoxbrad

I like most hoped and dreamed that this rebuild would be producing better talent from the last 3 years from the draft because that is what we have been sold, so I just looked at the minor league pipeline that Jim Callis  writes for where they pick their top 10 for each position and pitchers right and left handed and our Chicago White Sox have 1 player from 80 possible players, 1 and that 1 is Nick Madrigal who is third,really is this it, What do the rest of you feel about this aspect of their rebuild.

Hate to be that guy but that was really hard to read. I'm not even sure I understand it fully. Throw some periods in there. 

But if I understand the criteria correctly, Robert will be on there soon.

Edited by ron883

I think our drafting has been so so. Burger looked good but can't stay healthy, Madrigal looks phenomenal, I'm really excited about him. Those are first rounders, not sure about the other rounders. That's why it's best to go after Dallas Keuchel and Kimbrel. 

19 minutes ago, Chisox378 said:

I think our drafting has been so so. Burger looked good but can't stay healthy, Madrigal looks phenomenal, I'm really excited about him. Those are first rounders, not sure about the other rounders. That's why it's best to go after Dallas Keuchel and Kimbrel. 

How has Madrigal looked phenomenal?  Because he went 4-4 yesterday?  He still sports an OPS under 700 in high A, unless you think that's good?

2 minutes ago, GGajewski18 said:

How has Madrigal looked phenomenal?  Because he went 4-4 yesterday?  He still sports an OPS under 700 in high A, unless you think that's good?

He also sees Jose Rondon and Gavin Sheets as similar players, so take it with a grain of salt

1 hour ago, whitesoxbrad said:

I like most hoped and dreamed that this rebuild would be producing better talent from the last 3 years from the draft because that is what we have been sold, so I just looked at the minor league pipeline that Jim Callis  writes for where they pick their top 10 for each position and pitchers right and left handed and our Chicago White Sox have 1 player from 80 possible players, 1 and that 1 is Nick Madrigal who is third,really is this it, What do the rest of you feel about this aspect of their rebuild.

This just isn’t true.  Eloy, Robert, Kopech, & Cease all made these lists.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mlb.com/amp/news/mlb-s-top-10-outfield-prospects-for-2019-c303024268.html

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mlb.com/amp/news/2019-top-10-right-handed-pitching-prospects-c302651350.html

Edited by Chicago White Sox

53 minutes ago, Chisox378 said:

Yikes

53 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

They neutered Hostetler.  Haber is next.

Curious to hear what you mean by this. What was pre neutered Hostetler? What is pre neutered Haber? These dudes had some outside experience, but are thick with the white Sox home grown life.

17 minutes ago, TaylorStSox said:

I'm pretty sure he has 1 xbh though. 

See that's the problem with our development, instead of making good hitters, players that can hit for contact, walk, and for high average and on base percentage we are trying to get guys to hit HR's. The home runs will come on their own. Don't expect a player like Madrigal to hit alot of HR. But if he can hit at the Major League level .340 with 25 doubles and more walks than K's he will fit nicely in the 1 or 2 hole.

Edited by Chisox378

4 minutes ago, Chisox378 said:

See that's the problem with our development, instead of making good hitters, players that can hit for contact, walk, and for high average and on base percentage we are trying to get guys to hit HR's. The home runs will come on their own. Don't expect a player like Madrigal to hit alot of HR. But if he can hit at the Major League level .340 with 25 doubles and more walks than K's he will fit nicely in the 1 or 2 hole.

If your expectation is for him to hit .340, you are a bit insane and unrealistic.

• Like 1