White Sox v Yankees 12:05pm Rodon Day

bmags

2 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I really wish we could somehow get Yoan to sign an extension.  He’s only going to continue to get more and more expensive.

Fat chance. He already has made $31.5 M in his career. He and Robert are going to be hard to keep around. 

3 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

Good thing they have $250 Million lying around. 🤣

Honestly, that might be why they didn't sign Machado. If they actually keep Moncada and Robert, should they be as good as we hope, that is fine. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

If both he and Giolito get their spring training velocity (Gio was sitting 95-96 this spring) back it is a huge development. Probably cold weather related. 

Gio hit 96 again in his last start.

39 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

Yankee announcers are morons.  They think Fry was pulled cuz he can't get out righties.   Truth is, he was tough on everyone last year.  Ricky just overthinks frickin' everything.  Also, he doesn't realize Nate is a shell of his former self.

Ricky is the moron. They assume that because why else would a manager pull him after getting one out in the 7th with no one on base and a 3 run lead.

2 minutes ago, gusguyman said:

Gio hit 96 again in his last start.

I know. There's reason to be encouraged. They just won a series against the Jankees, in NYC. 

I'm wearing my Jankees lose shirt as we speak. (my 3 most despised teams-Twins, Cubs, Jankees in that order) 

They have a cupcake schedule for the next few weeks so hopefully the pitching can get back on track and the Sox can make up some ground in the ALC. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

52 minutes ago, bubba phillips said:

That's not necessarily true.  He can play another position and then return to the mound.  I believe it was the Cubs who did just that this week.

That's obviously not the same as being removed from the game, but I'm sure that you knew that. I just wanted to clarify it for the person, from the U. K., who asked. Baseball is complicated enough, we don't want to confuse him.

• Kyyle23 unpinned and locked this topic