Jump to content
bmags

White Sox v Yankees 12:05pm Rodon Day

Recommended Posts

Just now, Timmy U said:

Yankee announcers are morons.  They think Fry was pulled cuz he can't get out righties.   Truth is, he was tough on everyone last year.  Ricky just overthinks frickin' everything.  Also, he doesn't realize Nate is a shell of his former self.

yep, I heard that also!  Was saying that Fry won't have a job next year if the 3 batter limit is implemented.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Yup, and he was sitting around 93/94 during that stretch which is way better than what I’ve seen in his previous starts.

If both he and Giolito get their spring training velocity (Gio was sitting 95-96 this spring) back it is a huge development. Probably cold weather related. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What strategy genius will Ricky bring to the table when he can’t just fall back on default left right matchups?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

If both he and Giolito get their spring training velocity (Gio was sitting 95-96 this spring) back it is a huge development. Probably cold weather related. 

Just need to see better command out of both guys.  The early walks have been a huge problem and I haven’t see a lot of progress in that area.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

Yankee announcers are morons.  They think Fry was pulled cuz he can't get out righties.   Truth is, he was tough on everyone last year.  Ricky just overthinks frickin' everything.  Also, he doesn't realize Nate is a shell of his former self.

Michael Kay, john sterling and Susan waldman are terrible. If you thought hawk was a homer john sterling got him beat by a long shot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

Just need to see better command out of both guys.  The early walks have been a huge problem and I haven’t see a lot of progress in that area.

100% in agreement. The stuff is there for both, the command isn't. A lot of what gives me hope about Giolito is that his opponents batting average is still good despite the lack of results. That tells me the stuff is there for him. In 2018 his BAA was .250, which is fucking great for as bad of a season as he had. Gio's problem is he gives up hits and walks in the same inning, and is unhittable the remainder of the game. Same with Rodon, but to a lesser degree. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

For as much as he is hated, McCann has actually played pretty well so far.

Blasphemous comment on Kevan Smith‘s and Omar Narvaez‘ #1 fansite.

 

Home plate ump having a terrible game.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, GermanSoxFan said:

Abreu is an expensive 1B who is terrible defensively and is coming off a sub .800 OPS season. I don‘t think he has any value at all.

 

That‘s why I am scared that the Sox will extend him.

Speaking of horrible defense, is there a more horrid outfield defense in the majors than Jimenez-Garcia-Palka?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, bubba phillips said:

Speaking of horrible defense, is there a more horrid outfield defense in the majors than Jimenez-Garcia-Palka?

Small sample size, but just looked at fangraphs and they hate Yoan's defense at 3rd.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

Blasphemous comment on Kevan Smith‘s and Omar Narvaez‘ #1 fansite.

 

Home plate ump having a terrible game.

I was glad they traded Narvaez, and in Hahn's defense on this one, they'll probably get a lot for Colome at the deadline. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, fathom said:

Small sample size, but just looked at fangraphs and they hate Yoan's defense at 3rd.

Small sample size. He's fine there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3-4,  BB for Moncada. The walks will come as he continues to prove he can scald the ball. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×