Game of Thrones

Southwest Sider

3 hours ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

I have watched 2 episodes ever, and I didn't like it. The show is just not my style. But my girlfriend loves the series, so she made me watch tonight's episode with her.

I hope that wheel chair kid wins the thrown, and I hope that Jon Snow dies for being a sister-fucker.

You get an nice giant F for your piss poor attempt at trolling son. 🤣

• Like 2

It was great to have the show back, but it was entirely setup so a bit boring in my opinion.  Frustrating how many people in the show still don't understand that the army of the dead is there and they are still playing politics.  From some characters I get that, like Cersei, that's right up her alley.  But the Starks?  Kind of figured they wouldn't get so butthurt considering they are stop #1 on the Night King's campaign.

• Love 1

16 minutes ago, bigruss said:

It was great to have the show back, but it was entirely setup so a bit boring in my opinion.  Frustrating how many people in the show still don't understand that the army of the dead is there and they are still playing politics.  From some characters I get that, like Cersei, that's right up her alley.  But the Starks?  Kind of figured they wouldn't get so butthurt considering they are stop #1 on the Night King's campaign.

Yeah, the Northeners just go around proclaiming Kings in the North with no real thought and then get surprised when Jon leveraged his crown for negotiation in a dire situation. Sansa is still playing the Game of Thrones when Jon's playing the Game of Life. 

Oh well, my guess is they get crushed by the Army of the Dead, retreat to Deepwood Motte or Iron Islands, the Glovers can then get crushed for being wimps on their way south and eventually they get to Kings Landing or somewhere down there where the Army of the Dead takes on the Golden Company and shoves them squarely up Cersei's behind. 

Should be interesting to see how it really plays out. Part of me feels like the living just lose because they never fully united against the dead. Poetic. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

I have watched 2 episodes ever, and I didn't like it. The show is just not my style. But my girlfriend loves the series, so she made me watch tonight's episode with her.

I hope that wheel chair kid wins the thrown, and I hope that Jon Snow dies for being a sister-fucker.

That is AUNT fucker.

the sister fucker showed up at the end

• Haha 1

On 4/15/2019 at 6:06 AM, pettie4sox said:

You get an nice giant F for your piss poor attempt at trolling son. 🤣

Hey man, a guy at work who watches the show says he thinks the wheel chair kid is going to win it all too because he thinks he is actually the white walker king. Said he could time travel, which I don't really understand how time traveling allows for him to shape-shift, but he was pretty excited about the theory so I just nodded.

I thought the big reveal was that Jon Snow and the chick he was kissing who rides dragons were actually brother and sister? They are aunt and nephew? 

Yes, Jon Snow is the son of rhaegar Targaryen and Lyanna Stark.   Rhaegar is the older brother of Daenerys(who was either not yet born or also a baby at the time)

It's all gross but at LEAST jon isn't full on sibling and has some stark genes to spruce up the gene pool lmao

Hey man, a guy at work who watches the show says he thinks the wheel chair kid is going to win it all too because he thinks he is actually the white walker king. Said he could time travel, which I don't really understand how time traveling allows for him to shape-shift, but he was pretty excited about the theory so I just nodded.

Wheelchair kid(Bran) doesn't shape shift, he "wargs".  That's basically sending his consciousness into another animal.   The time travel thing is a whole other issue and power, and I will spare you the details because I know you don't care that much 

On 4/17/2019 at 8:37 AM, Kyyle23 said:

Wheelchair kid(Bran) doesn't shape shift, he "wargs".  That's basically sending his consciousness into another animal.   The time travel thing is a whole other issue and power, and I will spare you the details because I know you don't care that much 

Ok ok, so I had seen 2 episodes way back in an earlier season where some blind kid was controlling ghost wolves with his mind. Was that Bran? Maybe he wasn't blind, but his eyes were completely white in that scene. 

The actor who plays Bran was on Jimmy Kimmel last night and Jimmy brought up the fan theory of him being the Night King, so I guess it's a pretty popular theory and the guy at work isn't as clever as I thought.

1 hour ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

Ok ok, so I had seen 2 episodes way back in an earlier season where some blind kid was controlling ghost wolves with his mind. Was that Bran? Maybe he wasn't blind, but his eyes were completely white in that scene. 

The actor who plays Bran was on Jimmy Kimmel last night and Jimmy brought up the fan theory of him being the Night King, so I guess it's a pretty popular theory and the guy at work isn't as clever as I thought.

Yea if your coworker is trying to claim his theory as original, it is very much not.  

The earlier episode when his eyes rolled back In his head and he controlled the direwolves was him warging

50 minutes ago, bigruss said:

So how many people are going to get killed off from the show next week?  I feel like last night was a goodbye episode for half of the cast.

Greyworm for sure giving his dreams of retiring to the beach. I'd also guess Theon and Jamie. Theon for sure will have completed his character arc by saving Bran and dying in the process. Jamie seems to have completed his by finally putting honor over blood, telling everyone in the north that Cersei isn't coming and knighting Brienne. 

To SS' point, while I really enjoyed the first two episodes, I also feel like this whole ending is super rushed. We went 60-70 episodes waiting for Winter to arrive and now it's all going to be over in 1-2 episodes? 

Edited by Jenksismyhero

4 minutes ago, StrangeSox said:

another episode where not a whole heck of a lot happened

pretty bold doing a Winterfell bottle episode with only four more to go...

I was ok with it. You need this set up to make all the coming deaths more impactful. Plus it was fun to see a lot of these characters together in the same room. Tormund was the best part.

I mean it was okay, not terrible, it's just not the show it was S1-4.

Next week is supposedly the longest battle ever put to film, and it took 55 days to film it. e: also I wonder if they're foreshadowing anything by having multiple characters talk about how safe the crypts are??

Edited by StrangeSox

I like the episode too. Was nice to just sit with the characters while they are all together. Last year felt like plot point -> plot point -> plot point etc

I also like that they have acknowledged how bad tyrions decision making has been, because for a while it was going on and it felt like a betrayal of his character, and now that it's a thing you realize there may be a cause of it.

But it feels like for a great number of people they just would rather be dumped a wikipedia page of the rest of the series and get upset about anything that isn't essential.

I do think the show was more wonderful when it portrayed events and then had this great supplementary material fueling even more depth. As it's gotten out in front of the material, and as they've had to end it, the lack of outside depth provided is hurting it for some people.

I thought the scene with all them sitting around the fire was great.  I loved the gallows humor everyone had.

It definitely felt like a goodbye episode.  Next week is going to be wild.

Edited by GoSox05