Game of Thrones

Southwest Sider

1 minute ago, South Sider said:

It seems completely within Cersei's character to just murder them all right there. I'm a bit surprised that didn't happen. 

I wonder what Jamie's really up to. 

Dany's gonna lose her shit.

Should be a crazy final two episodes. 

Jaime's on his way to kill his sister. 

I didn't get the vibe that Jaime was going to kill his sister.  I think he is going to try and talk her into giving up the throne.

I think it will fail and she will kill him.  Does he know that she is pregnant with his child?  If so, I really don't see him killing her.

28 minutes ago, GoSox05 said:

I didn't get the vibe that Jaime was going to kill his sister.  I think he is going to try and talk her into giving up the throne.

I think it will fail and she will kill him.  Does he know that she is pregnant with his child?  If so, I really don't see him killing her.

He does. I agree, I think killing his sister and their unborn child seems like a big ask of him at this point. 

It's kind of funny that most people seemed to dislike like last week's episode but liked this one and I'm the opposite. Whereas a lot of battle strategy/convenient plot armor points were no a big deal to me in the first episode, some of the stuff this week was just beyond stupid. Euron being able to hit the dragon, not once, but like three times, while on a ship bobbing up and down in the water? Dany not seeing Euron's fleet despite being hundreds/thousands of feet in the air? Dany really thinking she and her 45 person army can take King's Landing? Dany continuing to think her one dragon can take on all of those crossbows (which again, apparently have heat seekers on them)? 

I like Sansa playing the Littlefinger role and telling Tyrion about Jon to get Dany out of the way. I like Arya and the Hound leaving together. Everything else? Meh. We're two episodes away and Bran is still the most useless character in the show. Is he really not going to play a significant part of the end of the story? His role was to worg into some birds during the Battle of Winterfell and act as bait for the NK and now he can just spend his days in Winterfell? Sam has no further role? He confirmed what Bran already knew, told Jon, kept himself from being killed and now he's just going to be a dad?

Ugh, and the whole main end here - Dany v. Jon. So fucking stupid. Absolutely none of that is earned at this point. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Jenksismyhero said:

He does. I agree, I think killing his sister and their unborn child seems like a big ask of him at this point. 

It's kind of funny that most people seemed to dislike like last week's episode but liked this one and I'm the opposite. Whereas a lot of battle strategy/convenient plot armor points were no a big deal to me in the first episode, some of the stuff this week was just beyond stupid. Euron being able to hit the dragon, not once, but like three times, while on a ship bobbing up and down in the water? Dany not seeing Euron's fleet despite being hundreds/thousands of feet in the air? Dany really thinking she and her 45 person army can take King's Landing? Dany continuing to think her one dragon can take on all of those crossbows (which again, apparently have heat seekers on them)? 

I like Sansa playing the Littlefinger role and telling Tyrion about Jon to get Dany out of the way. I like Arya and the Hound leaving together. Everything else? Meh. We're two episodes away and Bran is still the most useless character in the show. Is he really not going to play a significant part of the end of the story? His role was to worg into some birds during the Battle of Winterfell and act as bait for the NK and now he can just spend his days in Winterfell? Sam has no further role? He confirmed what Bran already knew, told Jon, kept himself from being killed and now he's just going to be a dad?

Ugh, and the whole main end here - Dany v. Jon. So fucking stupid. Absolutely none of that is earned at this point. 

Ha, I'm in same boat with you. I am not mad, I'm resigned to the fate of the show and that they needed to end it because these actors and production folks need to move on and its an intense show to work on, but this was back to season 7 super sped up just get people to their plot points (after the first 30 minutes at least).

13 minutes ago, Jenksismyhero said:

Yeah, I think some characters were more central to the white walker plot.  Same with Sam and the wildlings, their job is done.  Not saying that some may play a role going forward, but it wouldn't surprise me if some of those stories have ended.

I think this last battle is between those heading to King's Landing.

It may be nothing, but in the trailer for next week, the last scene shows Euron on his ship waiting for a dragon.  You hear a dragon sound and Euron is looking up and seems surprised or shocked by something.  He was waiting for a dragon, so I doubt a dragon showing up would shock him, but if it was TWO dragons it might. 

So that is my crazy prediction for next week, that the other dragon didn't die. 

Just now, bmags said:

Ha, I'm in same boat with you. I am not mad, I'm resigned to the fate of the show and that they needed to end it because these actors and production folks need to move on and its an intense show to work on, but this was back to season 7 super sped up just get people to their plot points (after the first 30 minutes at least).

When a lot of shows end, I feel like it is time or way past it's time to end, but I have to admit that Game of Thrones seems to be ending too soon.  I feel like it needed another year or two. 

Actually I disagree with the last point, i think the jon vs. dany stuff has been foreshadowed for a long ass time.

Also, I don't think Dany was trying to take Kings landing with a 45 person army, that was just a meeting to negotiate.

1 minute ago, GoSox05 said:

When a lot of shows end, I feel like it is time or way past it's time to end, but I have to admit that Game of Thrones seems to be ending too soon.  I feel like it needed another year or two. 

Exactly what I was thinking of this morning. I am not a books game of throne fan, so some stuff I'm just ignore because sorry but TV is not the same as books, it's just not possible to get the detail in without it being a Nolan film where they just explain the rules for 4 hours.

But the criticism for how the show has treated the fantasy and magical elements at arms length is true, and bran, especially if it's just what it is now, is a just lazy lazy choice.

5 minutes ago, GoSox05 said:

Yeah, I think some characters were more central to the white walker plot.  Same with Sam and the wildlings, their job is done.  Not saying that some may play a role going forward, but it wouldn't surprise me if some of those stories have ended.

I think this last battle is between those heading to King's Landing.

It may be nothing, but in the trailer for next week, the last scene shows Euron on his ship waiting for a dragon.  You hear a dragon sound and Euron is looking up and seems surprised or shocked by something.  He was waiting for a dragon, so I doubt a dragon showing up would shock him, but if it was TWO dragons it might. 

So that is my crazy prediction for next week, that the other dragon didn't die. 

I agree with the bolded. I have found it frustrating how easy it appears to kill the dragons, so it would be cool if it didn't die.

1 hour ago, GoSox05 said:

I would bet everything that Jaime kills Cersei. It's been set up from the very beginning. He'll die in the process. 

Edited by TaylorStSox

4 minutes ago, G&T said:

I agree with the bolded. I have found it frustrating how easy it appears to kill the dragons, so it would be cool if it didn't die.

Yeah, I think it might just be that the dragons are cool and I want to see them around more, but the whole way that scene played out almost seemed too easy.  Cersei also did the classic "did you see it die?" and Euron was like "yeah it feel into the sea". 

I was saying it last night and my wife thought I was crazy, so I don't know. 

2 minutes ago, TaylorStSox said:

I would bet everything that Jaime kills Cersei. It's been set up from the very beginning. He'll die in the process. 

I don't think she dies.  I'm not sure how the show kills a pregnant woman.  Seems a bit much.

If it turns out she isn't pregnant, I could see it.  Jaime or Arya.

If she is, I think she either wins and stays in power or they remove her and send her back home disgraced, which I think she would hate more than death.

2 minutes ago, GoSox05 said:

I don't think she dies.  I'm not sure how the show kills a pregnant woman.  Seems a bit much.

If it turns out she isn't pregnant, I could see it.  Jaime or Arya.

If she is, I think she either wins and stays in power or they remove her and send her back home disgraced, which I think she would hate more than death.

You don't think it'll be fitting that a pregnant person dies? Wtf? Talisa Stark? 

8 minutes ago, TaylorStSox said:

You don't think it'll be fitting that a pregnant person dies? Wtf? Talisa Stark? 

Ohhh, I forgot about that.  Nevermind. 

I still think Arya has to be the favorite to kill Cersei.

Edited by GoSox05

I would be surprised if Rhaegal survived that, he took a direct shot to the chest and either the side of the head or the neck, and he hadn't even recovered yet from the battle.  

I think we may see another dragon though.  In the preview for next week I noticed Tyrion was walking around the castle and it looked like he was looking for something, I wonder if he finds one of those rumored sleeping dragons.  Plus, Euron looks into the sky and looks surprised and afraid of what is coming.   He wasn't surprised or afraid of Drogon and Rhaegal when he saw them the first time

8 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

I would be surprised if Rhaegal survived that, he took a direct shot to the chest and either the side of the head or the neck, and he hadn't even recovered yet from the battle.  

I think we may see another dragon though.  In the preview for next week I noticed Tyrion was walking around the castle and it looked like he was looking for something, I wonder if he finds one of those rumored sleeping dragons.  Plus, Euron looks into the sky and looks surprised and afraid of what is coming.   He wasn't surprised or afraid of Drogon and Rhaegal when he saw them the first time

Ha, I just had this visual of Tyrion riding a dragon down on them and it reminded me of independence day of randy quaid screaming into the blue void.

People would love it.