Game of Thrones

Southwest Sider

4 minutes ago, bmags said:

Ha, I just had this visual of Tyrion riding a dragon down on them and it reminded me of independence day of randy quaid screaming into the blue void.

People would love it.

THATS NOT MY IMPLICATION but man wouldn't that be ridiculous 

5 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

THATS NOT MY IMPLICATION but man wouldn't that be ridiculous 

Ha, I know, but just thought of the widespread discussion on tyrion being one of the dragon riders. I'm not sure I could stop laughing if it happened, especially if they play triumphant music as it happens.

1 hour ago, Jenksismyhero said:

I like Sansa playing the Littlefinger role and telling Tyrion about Jon to get Dany out of the way.

I'm confused, I thought Tyrion let on that he knew and Sansa had the reaction on her face like dam Jon lied to me about who knew....

2 minutes ago, Harper2Sox said:

Asha = Yara Greyjoy

Gotcha. I doubt it is Yara since he was looking at the sky but you could be right, he could be watching something shooting at his ship.  The theory of another dragon or a dragon in special armor is what I'm betting on.  

10 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

Gotcha. I doubt it is Yara since he was looking at the sky but you could be right, he could be watching something shooting at his ship.  The theory of another dragon or a dragon in special armor is what I'm betting on.  

If they create another dragon this late into the series, it'll jump the shark on an unprecedented level. 

7 minutes ago, bmags said:

Honestly creating anything at this point will be too fantastic. There is so much to do it will seem forced (and theres quite a bit of forcing already happening)

It'll be on par with adding fAegon in the books. At that point in the books, I had enough 

3 hours ago, bmags said:

Actually I disagree with the last point, i think the jon vs. dany stuff has been foreshadowed for a long ass time.

Also, I don't think Dany was trying to take Kings landing with a 45 person army, that was just a meeting to negotiate.

It's not the tension that his true identity creates for them, I get that. It's that Jon is supposedly a better leader than Dany and so now Varys and Tyrion are talking about removing her. Based on what? What has she done to show that she would be a bad leader? Because she wants to kill Cersei? Because she got mad and wants revenge for losing her dragon and Missandei? So, Dany can't be irrational, but Jon, committing the North to suicide in battle when he goes after Rickon out of a fit of rage, makes him a good leader? The dude's put his life on the line multiple times (needlessly) but that makes him a better option? What's the point of being a good leader if you're constantly needing to be saved by others? I don't buy any of it. Yeah, Dany's pissed. I would be too. Jon would be too. The whole storyline is weak. IF Dany had gone off about killing Cersei, screaming that she doesn't care how many innocent people die, MAYBE the "Dany is actually a bad guy" storyline would be earned. But she didn't. So far all she has done is stick to her goal of winning back the throne (after a lengthy and costly side mission to save humanity!), a goal that she has been open and honest about for several seasons now.

Edited by Jenksismyhero

14 minutes ago, Jenksismyhero said:

It's not the tension that his true identity creates for them, I get that. It's that Jon is supposedly a better leader than Dany and so now Varys and Tyrion are talking about removing her. Based on what? What has she done to show that she would be a bad leader? Because she wants to kill Cersei? Because she got mad and wants revenge losing her dragon and Missandei? So, Dany can't be irrational, but Jon, committing the North to suicide in battle when he goes after Rickon out of a fit of rage, makes him a good leader? The dude's put his life on the line multiple times (needlessly) but that makes him a better option? What's the point of being a good leader if you're constantly needing to be saved by others? I don't buy any of it. Yeah, Dany's pissed. I would be too. Jon would be too. The whole storyline is weak. IF Dany had gone off about killing Cersei. screaming that she doesn't care how many innocent people die, MAYBE the "Dany is actually a bad guy" storyline would be earned. But she didn't. So far all she has done is stick to her goal of winning back the throne (after a lengthy and costly side mission to save humanity!), a goal that she has been open and honest about for several seasons now.

But a lot of the people followed her not because she could be queen but because she would be a good queen whose people respected and revered her. The dothraki were open to her because they respected her dominance moves in her culture. The unsullied were freed by her. 

But in the west she hasn't had the same ability. Her advisors have been hurting her chance as queen and likely even have increased murder count, but what they have been fighting back is her desire to be queen at all cost and not necessarily "be a good queen".

That it doesn't mean we think of dany as especially evil and sympathize with her is good! She has been often correct in how to gain more power, her being in power has been better than others, etc, and she would have saved more lives had she just sent her dragons to burn the red keep to the ground. But she also being so obssessed with merely getting the throne scares her advisers and that has been set-up for years.

3 minutes ago, Jenksismyhero said:

It's not the tension that his true identity creates for them, I get that. It's that Jon is supposedly a better leader than Dany and so now Varys and Tyrion are talking about removing her. Based on what? What has she done to show that she would be a bad leader? Because she wants to kill Cersei? Because she got mad and wants revenge for losing her dragon and Missandei? So, Dany can't be irrational, but Jon, committing the North to suicide in battle when he goes after Rickon out of a fit of rage, makes him a good leader? The dude's put his life on the line multiple times (needlessly) but that makes him a better option? What's the point of being a good leader if you're constantly needing to be saved by others? I don't buy any of it. Yeah, Dany's pissed. I would be too. Jon would be too. The whole storyline is weak. IF Dany had gone off about killing Cersei, screaming that she doesn't care how many innocent people die, MAYBE the "Dany is actually a bad guy" storyline would be earned. But she didn't. So far all she has done is stick to her goal of winning back the throne (after a lengthy and costly side mission to save humanity!), a goal that she has been open and honest about for several seasons now.

I really think its more about bringing the show back to the beginning. Even with all of the shit thats gone down, people in King's Landing are still going to plot etc.

The part that seemed strange to me is that Cersei didnt kill Tyrion. He has information that is extremely detrimental to her, and yet she just sits there. 

8 minutes ago, OmarComing25 said:

It's not like the ballistas can shoot straight up, just dive bomb them, attack at night and burn them all, how are they going to stop that?

everything about that scene was so dumb, including ballistas being more destructive than 19th century Ship of the Line cannon broadsides, and Euron 360-no-scoping a flying dragon from a fast moving ship.

complete Marvelization of the series

1 minute ago, Soxbadger said:

I really think its more about bringing the show back to the beginning. Even with all of the shit thats gone down, people in King's Landing are still going to plot etc.

The part that seemed strange to me is that Cersei didnt kill Tyrion. He has information that is extremely detrimental to her, and yet she just sits there. 

Idiot Plot: Any plot containing problems that would be solved instantly if all of the characters were not idiots.

https://www.rogerebert.com/rogers-journal/eberts-guide-to-practical-filmgoing-a-glossary-of-terms-for-the-cinema-of-the-80s

10 minutes ago, StrangeSox said:

also I'm not sure what desert fortress they were negotiating at in the final scene, but it sure wasn't King's Landing

Od12QDH.jpg

I was wondering the exact same thing when I saw the desert area.  Had no idea where that was?