Game of Thrones

Southwest Sider

1 minute ago, Harper2Sox said:

So does another tyrannical ruler sit in the iron throne or does Jon end her reign of terror?

Arya literally rode out on a white horse. She's going to slit Dany's throat. Sansa becomes queen. Jon moves North and lives out his days with the Wildlings and Ghost. 

Just now, pettie4sox said:

They are on the cliche route so the latter for sure.  100%

What cliche's are they following? LOL. How many stories have a person that was a protagonist for 7 seasons suddenly go crazy and murder everyone? What cliches? 

You can say it's clumsy, because it is. It isn't cliche though. 

1 minute ago, TaylorStSox said:

Arya literally rode out on a white horse. She's going to slit Dany's throat. Sansa becomes queen. Jon moves North and lives out his days with the Wildlings and Ghost. 

What color are Targaryen eye's?

Just now, TaylorStSox said:

What cliche's are they following? LOL. How many stories have a person that was a protagonist for 7 seasons suddenly go crazy and murder everyone? What cliches? 

You can say it's clumsy, because it is. It isn't cliche though. 

The cliche is all Targaryens are insane.  They were building it up for the last two episodes and I was hoping they wouldn't go down that route but alas.

1 minute ago, Harper2Sox said:

The mad queen was in her blood.  It was destiny.  She couldn’t avoid it.

And even though Jon is a Targaryen, he isn’t all about incest.  He doesn’t want to bang his aunt anymore, lol.

🤣

If Emilia Clark was my aunt, I'd make an exception.

2 minutes ago, pettie4sox said:

The cliche is all Targaryens are insane.  They were building it up for the last two episodes and I was hoping they wouldn't go down that route but alas.

In the books, Dany grows increasingly ruthless. It's not as ham-fisted as in the show, but then again, Martin writes and writes and writes and writes. There isn't that much time in TV. 

I pretty much hated Seasons 5 and 6, but this season has been super satisfying for me. Sure, I wish it was written better. The dialogue is bad, but it's still a satisfying end. 

It's crazy to think how much time I've invested, and it's about to be over. Read the books more than once. Watched the show. Have spent countless hours on forums. 

11 minutes ago, TaylorStSox said:

You read the books, right? You ever read the ASOIF message board? People have been predicting this end for a decade. Dany anyway. 

I did read the books and used to visit ASOIF quite a bit.  You’re right, it kind of played out like many were expecting.  The Mad Queen turn was somewhat expected but I personally was hoping for some sort of twist.  This last episode should be interesting at the very least.

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I did read the books and used to visit ASOIF quite a bit.  You’re right, it kind of played out like many were expecting.  The Mad Queen turn was somewhat expected but I personally was hoping for some sort of twist.  This last episode should be interesting at the very least.

I'm sure it's a twist to people that only watch the show and aren't as invested. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TaylorStSox said:

In the books, Dany grows increasingly ruthless. It's not as ham-fisted as in the show, but then again, Martin writes and writes and writes and writes. There isn't that much time in TV. 

Yeah, my biggest beef with this Mad Queen turn is the show probably didn’t give it enough setup time.  There have no doubts been signs of her ruthlessness, but these last few seasons have moved so fast that it’s lost some of it’s effectiveness.  I do think the payoff in the books will be better assuming GRRM actually finishes them.