Game of Thrones

Southwest Sider

2 minutes ago, TaylorStSox said:

I never thought a series of books and a show would have as big of an impact in my life as A Song of Ice and Fire. The hours and hours I've spent reading, watching and discussing it. It's the end of an era. When I started the books, I couldn't put them down. It's the only television show that was must see for me. It's been a ride. 

You must feel let down

10 minutes ago, southsideirish71 said:

The HBO tradition of taking a first class long run series and having some over thought ending that makes most angry.  They did this with the Sopranos and now they have done it with GoT.   Underwhelming.

The writers really failed miserably with that ending.  Like Jon killing Dany could of worked but the way it was executed was completely lacking.  And then the whole unanimous decision to name the weirdo in the wheelchair king was just plain dumb.  Everything just feels rushed and without proper context.

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

The writers really failed miserably with that ending.  Like Jon killing Dany could of worked but the way it was executed was completely lacking.  And then the whole unanimous decision to name the weirdo in the wheelchair king was just plain dumb.  Everything just feels rushed and without proper context.

Couldn't have said it better.  Until the Jon/Daenerys scene was okay, but the rest was laughable.  

Yea some parts were frustrating, but whatever I wanted to enjoy it and did to an extent.  Can't believe it's over, super excited to some day, in the far far future, read the books and the deeper detail in the story.  This was and is a huge part of my life, there were highs and lows but it's been a journey I would do again and may still do all over again.  Probably going to take a break from the series until the book comes out. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Eloy Jiménez said:

I'm going to hold on to my HBO subscription for a while until His Dark Materials, Watchmen, and then eventually Westworld

Chernobyl has been solid so far as well.  His Dark Materials looked amazing.

• Like 1

Just now, bigruss said:

Yea some parts were frustrating, but whatever I wanted to enjoy it and did to an extent.  Can't believe it's over, super excited to some day, in the far far future, read the books and the deeper detail in the story.  This was and is a huge part of my life, there were highs and lows but it's been a journey I would do again and may still do all over again.  Probably going to take a break from the series until the book comes out. 

Same. I kind of relieved it's over. 

29 minutes ago, StrangeSox said:

Would have been hard to write a dumber ending if you tried lmao

The endings for the major characters were for the most part fine and made sense (save for Jon being the savior of westeros but then being banished to the north by two small armies)....the execution to get there the last two seasons...Ugh. Like that Jon and Dany scene just typifies the whole thing. Not one fucking word from Jon about why he did it? And no further words from Dany?

Underwhelming is the word. Over and over again. Underwhelming.

8 minutes ago, Jenksismyhero said:

The endings for the major characters were for the most part fine and made sense (save for Jon being the savior of westeros but then being banished to the north by two small armies)....the execution to get there the last two seasons...Ugh. Like that Jon and Dany scene just typifies the whole thing. Not one fucking word from Jon about why he did it? And no further words from Dany?

Underwhelming is the word. Over and over again. Underwhelming.

Exactly.  I love the Mad Queen turn and Jon Snow having to be the one to thwart it, but D&D rushed it all.  Like Jon killing Dany should have been a big deal but it just didn’t deliver the emotional punch it should of.  It@/ pretty clear that D&D had no business directing this final episode.

On 4/15/2019 at 2:27 AM, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

I have watched 2 episodes ever.

I hope that wheel chair kid wins the throne, and I hope that Jon Snow dies for being a sister-fucker.

Boom.

Although I did end up liking Jon Snow. At least he felt weird about being an aunt-fucker and he seemed like a pretty good dude with a solid heart. It's nice he gets to live with the tree people now, I'm told he used to love one of them.

4 hours ago, TaylorStSox said:

Not one bit. 

You should be.  The books may be great but everyone agrees that that ending was utter trash.  All the reviews coming out are in agreement.  Good show but they horribly whiffed on the ending.  The show will be long forgotten due to such a weak ending.

Edited by Moan4Yoan

4 hours ago, Moan4Yoan said:

You should be.  The books may be great but everyone agrees that that ending was utter trash.  All the reviews coming out are in agreement.  Good show but they horribly whiffed on the ending.  The show will be long forgotten due to such a weak ending.

I'm just happy I got to see any ending. As a book reader, it's the only chance I'll have to see a conclusion. The books aren't great. They're very good. Maybe 1 out of the 5 is great. 2 are very good and 2 are total trash. 

I've never seen all of Breaking Bad or The Sopranos and I haven't turned my TV on in years. Where it ranks in the pantheon of TV history doesn't interest me. 

Edited by TaylorStSox