Sign in to follow this  
bmags

Notre Dame Cathedral Fire

When I first saw this I thought, that's a bummer, but I kinda thought it was all made out of stone and it would just be a contained fire.

It's pretty much destroyed and they don't seem to be able to put it out

Very sad. Even as someone who doesn't like church tourism abroad, notre dame was incredible.

Just a tragedy.  To think what this Cathedral has survived.  900 years of wear.  Countless wars, Nazi occupation.  I was able to go there a couple of years ago, and I was just in awe.  It was a very moving experience for me.  Aside from being a Cathedral, the building, and all that made it were works of art.  Notre Dame is a testament to humanity.  This is heartbreaking for me.  I'm sad that my kids won't be able to have the experience that I did. 

If you could pick ten man-made structures in the world to save from calamity, Notre dame would’ve been on the list. Really sad. I wonder what they’ll do in terms of rebuilding if some of the structures survives. 

Yeah it went from "oh no there's a fire at Notre Dame" to "holy sh*t Notre Dame is going to be completely destroyed" in like 15 minutes. Really sad.

• Like 1