Tax Day: Sox v. Royals (P: E. Santana)

bmags

2 minutes ago, mqr said:

One of Palka/Sanchez has to do something at some point right? Gah that's an ugly bottom two of an otherwise decent looking lineup at the moment. 

16 games of Royals, Tigers, and Orioles. 

Here's your shot, guys.

• Like 2

I like Cordell's defense and was very happy for his homer and double in limited at bats but let's keep in mind if you include last years MLB at bats  he's just a .478 ops in the majors. He also had a sub .700 OPS last year in Charlotte. It was a bad year for him, but it's not so obvious he's going to be competent.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bmags said:

Like if you asked me to bet who would have a better OPS after their next 150 ABs Adam Engell or Ryan Cordell it would be a tough call for me.

Ooo good one.  

Im really surprised with the lack of Engel time.  Thought he was their boy no matter what.  Guess that’s Palkchez now. 

17 minutes ago, bmags said:

I like Cordell's defense and was very happy for his homer and double in limited at bats but let's keep in mind if you include last years MLB at bats  he's just a .478 ops in the majors. He also had a sub .700 OPS last year in Charlotte. It was a bad year for him, but it's not so obvious he's going to be competent.

Yeah, it's not obvious for sure, but he at least has shown an ability to work counts and play multiple positions *without* being the literal worst defender in the league. Unlike Palka, he was once an actual prospect and not just minor league depth. Might as well see what he can do in more than 40 ABs or whatever he got last year

1 minute ago, Jose Abreu said:

Yeah, it's not obvious for sure, but he at least has shown an ability to work counts and play multiple positions *without* being the literal worst defender in the league. Unlike Palka, he was once an actual prospect and not just minor league depth. Might as well see what he can do in more than 40 ABs or whatever he got last year

I'm all for Cordell getting his shot, as if Palka doesn't get a hit today it's almost sadistic to keep him out there.

I'm just really disappointed in Cordells year last year and not sure it means he'll be that good offensively. But when we are getting so little defensively and literally nothing offensively from Palka, it's absolutely the point to make the change.

But I'm also at the point where Engel should be CF and Leury RF regardless, sadly for offensive reasons.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, bmags said:

I'm all for Cordell getting his shot, as if Palka doesn't get a hit today it's almost sadistic to keep him out there.

I'm just really disappointed in Cordells year last year and not sure it means he'll be that good offensively. But when we are getting so little defensively and literally nothing offensively from Palka, it's absolutely the point to make the change.

But I'm also at the point where Engel should be CF and Leury RF regardless, sadly for offensive reasons.

Din't Cordell get injured at the very beginning of last season?

2 minutes ago, justBLAZE said:

Din't Cordell get injured at the very beginning of last season?

Yes, he missed first half of the year with a broken collarbone.  Wasn't really ever able to get his groove back upon his return.  

Don't underestimate KC.   They just swept 3 from Cleveland.  They're 4th in the AL in runs scored (while the Sox have the 2nd worst pitching staff in the AL).

They also lead the AL in fielding, with a total of 3 errors in 15 games.  Hell, we have a couple of guys who have more than that all by themselves.

This series is definitely not a given.

6 minutes ago, bubba phillips said:

Don't underestimate KC.   They just swept 3 from Cleveland.  They're 4th in the AL in runs scored (while the Sox have the 2nd worst pitching staff in the AL).

They also lead the AL in fielding, with a total of 3 errors in 15 games.  Hell, we have a couple of guys who have more than that all by themselves.

3 errors in 15 games, dang. 3 errors in a series would be nice for the White Sox. 

9 minutes ago, bubba phillips said:

Well, no series is a given with this team. 

But, you're not going to convince me the Royals don't suck

Madrigal 4 for 4 Saturday and a Triple on Sunday at Winston Salem. Robert absolutely raking down there.

Small sample size but you can just see the potential and of course the need for both of them to get advanced ASAP.

• Kyyle23 locked and unpinned this topic