Tax Day: Sox v. Royals (P: E. Santana)

bmags

1 hour ago, bubba phillips said:

Don't underestimate KC.   They just swept 3 from Cleveland.  They're 4th in the AL in runs scored (while the Sox have the 2nd worst pitching staff in the AL).

They also lead the AL in fielding, with a total of 3 errors in 15 games.  Hell, we have a couple of guys who have more than that all by themselves.

This series is definitely not a given.

If the Sox win today they will 🧹 

1 hour ago, bubba phillips said:

Don't underestimate KC.   They just swept 3 from Cleveland.  They're 4th in the AL in runs scored (while the Sox have the 2nd worst pitching staff in the AL).

They also lead the AL in fielding, with a total of 3 errors in 15 games.  Hell, we have a couple of guys who have more than that all by themselves.

This series is definitely not a given.

The key beating KC is to  keep the speed merchants off the bases.

7 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

In like 10 games

That’s true, but he was striking out like 40% to 50% of the time during that stretch.  He legit looked horrible when I watched him (again SSS).  That being said, I was a huge fan of his coming into the 2018 season and I’m all for giving him an extended opportunity at this point.

Just now, mqr said:

Yonders purpose on this team is to demonstrate how awful Abreu is at first 

Yes, so they can justify not re-signing him when this season is finished. I like Abreu, but I hope they move him at the TDL if he gets himself going this year. 

4 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

KC manager loves to let his guys steal. Lets hope Ricky takes notes (last game was encouraging in that regard).

Sox probably have more team speed overall than the Royals do, but Ricky doesn't let them run. 

Garcia, Anderson, Moncada and Engel are all really fast, to say the least. That being said, Engel isn't on base all that much. Yolmer has decent speed too. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

5 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Yes, so they can justify not re-signing him when this season is finished. I like Abreu, but I hope they move him at the TDL if he gets himself going this year. 

Eh, not really sure there is a better 1B out there to get, and not like we have one waiting in the wings. 

• Kyyle23 locked and unpinned this topic