Tax Day: Sox v. Royals (P: E. Santana)

bmags

I guess I'm in a grumpy mood, but look at the pathetic crowd. And it's all baseball's fault. Who in their right minds want to see Chicago play the KC Royals? My gosh how could the owners agree many years ago to play teams in their own division so many times. It's absurd. There's just no reason for a Chicagoan to even consider going to tonight's game.

There can't be more than 5,000 fans in that stadium tonight. Is there 5000?

1 minute ago, GermanSoxFan said:

I can‘t figure out why they decided to call Santana up. He looks awful. Would rather see what we have in Banuelos or give Covey one more shot than trotting out a washed up has-been.

I said that when they signed him. It is fine if they kept him in AAA, but calling him up immediately is stupid. He'd get kilt in Charlotte with what he's chucking up there. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

2 minutes ago, greg775 said:

I guess I'm in a grumpy mood, but look at the pathetic crowd. And it's all baseball's fault. Who in their right minds want to see Chicago play the KC Royals? My gosh how could the owners agree many years ago to play teams in their own division so many times. It's absurd. There's just no reason for a Chicagoan to even consider going to tonight's game.

There can't be more than 5,000 fans in that stadium tonight. Is there 5000?

Crowds weren't that great in NY either, granted, the only player really bringing anyone in on that team now is Judge and the weather was shitty, but still. And it was a weekend.

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

What a total freaking waste of 4 mil dollars.  No idea what they saw from him. Stoney sounds pissed.

^^^^^^^^^

It's fine if they give him the mop up role, but move Banuelos into the rotation ffs. 

What a bum.

Edited by Jack Parkman

Always remember the money Hahn spent on these bums.

$4.3 million for Ervin Santana

$9 million for Yonder Alonso

$4 million for Jon Jay who isn’t even near playing

$17+ million wasted on scrubs.  Hahn is terrible.

Edited by Harper2Sox
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Kyyle23 locked and unpinned this topic