Tax Day: Sox v. Royals (P: E. Santana)

bmags

1 minute ago, chitownsportsfan said:

ha, as a Sox fan not from Chicago I don't GAF about the Cubs.  I don't have to deal with their fans and I don't have any "south side pride" outside the Sox.  That said, if I grew up in Chicago I can totally get hating the cubs.

I've been to Wrigley twice and I have said I'm never going again unless I end up dating another Cub fan. 

Just now, Tony said:

Then at least let a player with some sort of upside take his lumps out there. A total garbage can in Santana is useless in this situation. There really isn’t anything to debate. 

I am just trying to find a silver lining. I said before that they should give Banuelos a shot or just give the starts to Covey.

Just now, GermanSoxFan said:

I am just trying to find a silver lining. I said before that they should give Banuelos a shot or just give the starts to Covey.

I've seen enough of Covey. Trot Banuelos out there no matter how good or bad he is, until Cease is ready. 

1 minute ago, Tony said:

I don’t hate the Cubs, really at all. Many Sox fans do, I don’t. 

But that doesn’t change my statement. Theo has spent around 380 million on Jason Heyward, Yu Darvish and Tyler Chatwood. Yes they won a World Series and just like the Sox, they will never be able to take that away. 

But those AWFUL signings led to them closing the checkbook this offseason and probably closed their window a lot quicker than people originally thought. 

I don't blame them for Darvish as I would have made the same decision, but I didn't know that Darvish was that much of a weirdo, even with the LA thing. 

Just now, Harper2Sox said:

Hahn doesn’t seem to understand that former flamethrowers like Shields and Santana can’t be successful when they are now throwing 90-91.

Of course not, they think striking hitters out isn’t important 

1 minute ago, Tony said:

But that doesn’t change my statement. Theo has spent around 380 million on Jason Heyward, Yu Darvish and Tyler Chatwood. Yes they won a World Series and just like the Sox, they will never be able to take that away. 

But those AWFUL signings led to them closing the checkbook this offseason and probably closed their window a lot quicker than people originally thought. 

He sucks signing FAs, and Jennifer Aniston doesn't have double Ds.  I mean, it's all relative.

Just now, bmags said:

Just incredible scouting signing Santana and then being so ecstatic to get him in the rotation immediately.

Are they even scouting these guys?  Seeing him pitch makes me think no.  This is ridiculous.  The guy is topping off at 90.  This is worse than Miguel Gonzalez.

2 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I don't blame them for Darvish as I would have made the same decision, but I didn't know that Darvish was that much of a weirdo, even with the LA thing. 

Yea I can't fault the Darvish signing as I saw the rationale. And he also has Lester who has been terrific during his Cubs tenure, moreso than really anybody Hahn could say. 

Edited by SoxAce

2 minutes ago, Tony said:

I don't hate them either. I actually quite enjoyed myself when I saw them play the Sox at Wrigley last year. Love the neighborhood. But, not where my heart is. I think when the Sox FINALLY start winning again, the crowds on nights like these will at least be decent. 

1 minute ago, Harper2Sox said:

Are they even scouting these guys?  Seeing him pitch makes me think no.  This is ridiculous.  The guy is topping off at 90.  This is worse than Miguel Gonzalez.

I've wondered that for a while. My conclusion is on a cursory level at best.

• Kyyle23 locked and unpinned this topic