Tax Day: Sox v. Royals (P: E. Santana)

bmags

2 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

Yea I can't fault the Darvish signing as I saw the rationale. And he also has Lester who has been terrific during his Cubs tenure, moreso than really anybody Hahn could say. 

Darvish's stuff is still there, he's just a headcase. 

There isn't anything physical going on there. Completely different than Giolito, IMO. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

Just now, Tony said:

You’re moving the goal posts, now. I don’t really care about this debate, but fathom specifically brought up signing FA’s. I’m Not saying I’d rather have Rick over Theo...but when it comes to signing FA’s, Theo’s have hurt his franchise much more, and have been bigger misses. It’s not really that much of a debate really. He’s still a better GM than Rick, but they are different subjects 

i'm not even arguing with you, jesus.  rick hahn sucks and has no strengths as a gm other than taking advantage of smart pre-arb deals, which might not even be a thing much longer.

theo is a fucking god tier GM compared to hahn.

1 minute ago, bmags said:

If only someone had done this work for you all.

Lol, I need to review your thread again.  It’s still astonishing how the Sox make these awful signings and waste millions once you add them all up.

Edited by Harper2Sox

3 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

That ball was KILT.

There you go. We have to use Hawkisms now that Hawk's not there for it anymore. I hope that Hawk fills in for Stone when he takes off the Jewish holidays. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

1 minute ago, chitownsportsfan said:

i'm not even arguing with you, jesus.  rick hahn sucks and has no strengths as a gm other than taking advantage of smart pre-arb deals, which might not even be a thing much longer.

theo is a fucking god tier GM compared to hahn.

Are people really acting like Theo isn’t one of the best if not the best executive in baseball?

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

There you go. We have to use Hawkisms now that Hawk's not there for it anymore. I hope that Hawk fills in for Stone when he takes off the Jewish holidays. 

Jason makes me miss hawk, which sucks.  I know people like jason and he's a "pro" but he's annoying as a sox fan that knows baseball and has to listen every night.  Hawk in the 90s and early aughts was so good.

4 minutes ago, mqr said:

Are people really acting like Theo isn’t one of the best if not the best executive in baseball?

He's not the best, Mozeliak runs circles around him. He's in the 2nd tier after Mozeliak, Friedman and Cashman. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Jason makes me miss hawk, which sucks.  I know people like jason and he's a "pro" but he's annoying as a sox fan that knows baseball and has to listen every night.  Hawk in the 90s and early aughts was so good.

I miss Hawk too, but I like Jason as well. 

Even old fart Hawk was fun when the Sox were winning. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

• Kyyle23 locked and unpinned this topic