4/15 Games

flavum

8 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Carlos Perez has had an excellent start to his season, who knows if it’s for real though.  Regardless, he’s only 22 years old and that’s actually on the young side for a catching prospect in High A.

I like him. He doesn't walk often but also doesn't strike out (sound familiar?). For a defense-first catcher at an age-appropriate level, that's sort of intriguing 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Bush has had a disastrous start to his season, but I hope they don’t panic and send him to extended.  Let him take his licks for a few more weeks and hope you start seeing some gradual gains.

Chris Carter did similar back in the day. He had a strong rookie ball debut after getting drafted in the 15th round out of high school. They put him in Kanny for his first full season and sent him down after 13 games of .130/.231/.261. He mashed in Great Falls and then mashed in Kanny the following year. Carter ended up having some productive seasons in the majors so even if they send Bush to extended before Great Falls, it's not a big deal at all.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

Mederios really struggling with his control. 

Sox got some good arms from the left side in the bullpen picture but Medeiros should be working out of the pen sooner than later.

It's actually impressive how good Madrigal's stats look against how he's actually looked. He hasn't even gotten hot this year despite how his slash will look after today. SSS I know. I did not like what I saw from his hack this weekend.

9 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

I like him. He doesn't walk often but also doesn't strike out (sound familiar?). For a defense-first catcher at an age-appropriate level, that's sort of intriguing 

You're not wrong. There's not walking, then there is posting a .298 OBP with a .290 average over nearly 300 PAs. That's actually impressively bad plate discipline. 

That said, Perez has 6 BB's in 23 AB's (including his 2 PAs tonight) in W-S this year. Last year had 4 BBs in 276 ABs at Kanny.

Edited by raBBit

10 minutes ago, danman31 said:

Chris Carter did similar back in the day. He had a strong rookie ball debut after getting drafted in the 15th round out of high school. They put him in Kanny for his first full season and sent him down after 13 games of .130/.231/.261. He mashed in Great Falls and then mashed in Kanny the following year. Carter ended up having some productive seasons in the majors so even if they send Bush to extended before Great Falls, it's not a big deal at all.

On the contrary, Courtney Hawkins.

12 minutes ago, raBBit said:

Sox got some good arms from the left side in the bullpen picture but Medeiros should be working out of the pen sooner than later.

It's actually impressive how good Madrigal's stats look against how he's actually looked. He hasn't even gotten hot this year despite how his slash will look after today. SSS I know. I did not like what I saw from his hack this weekend.

I take it you saw The Little Magician in person. What did you dislike about his swing?

44 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Bush has had a disastrous start to his season, but I hope they don’t panic and send him to extended.  Let him take his licks for a few more weeks and hope you start seeing some gradual gains.

Rough start, but so young, not too shocked