4/15 Games

flavum

57 minutes ago, DirtySox said:

This is such a terrible nickname. I hope it dies a gruesome death.

Lol are you the one who said it should be dragged out into the street n shot?  Still laughing bout that weeks later.  

Everybody remember when Hawk forced Big Bertha and El Canon in the same weak.  That was cringeworthy

29 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Nick hitting .351 but I'm sure the critics will continue to Harp on something in regards to his start.

Continue to disregard how they came Ray Ray. By all accounts it has been weak contact 

7 minutes ago, fathom said:

I don't see what the point of doing that is.

So you just let him completely sink in AA? I'm saying give it another month and if he still has a sub 400 OPS you gotta send him back down. 

Moral of the story is never trade with Brian Cashman if your name is Rick Hahn. 

9 minutes ago, ron883 said:

Continue to disregard how they came Ray Ray. By all accounts it has been weak contact 

Just curious how they all came for Madrigal. Were they all seeing eye singles, or dribblers that found a way through? Per Fangraphs his LD% prior to tonight's game was 22.6%, which was above the MLB average from 2002-14. After tonight (2 more line drives) it would be at 25.71%. Isn't that good?

22 minutes ago, fathom said:

I don't see what the point of doing that is.

Yeah he'll need to be bad for a longer time before they do that. Unless you think he has the yips or something (or even if you think that) a demotion is probably a death certificate for his career

15 minutes ago, OneDog847 said:

So you just let him completely sink in AA? I'm saying give it another month and if he still has a sub 400 OPS you gotta send him back down. 

Moral of the story is never trade with Brian Cashman if your name is Rick Hahn. 

Yes, because the Sox gave up so much. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

Is that sarcasm? I mean they gave up 3 quality MLB players for one low minor leaguer. That should never happen. There was a reason everyone hated it 

Blake Rutherford was a top 100 prospect a the time of the trade I suppose. He is nowhere near the top 200 right now and is trending downward with a bullet. 

21 minutes ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

Is that sarcasm? I mean they gave up 3 quality MLB players for one low minor leaguer. That should never happen. There was a reason everyone hated it 

They salary dumped Frazier (2 month rental) & Robertson off of a team that finished 67-95, and added in Tommy Kahnle who was having a career year and hasn't done anything since for a guy who was a 2016 1st Round Pick & Top 50 prospect (#37 MLB Pipeline, #45 Baseball America, #49 Baseball Prospectus) prior to the 2017 season. 

If the Sox traded a fairly good free agent to be player, a high priced closer (2 years $25 mill) with 2 years of control, and Jace Fry for Jarred Kelenic and a couple of meh prospects this year would you be upset?

Kelenic was ranked #68, 56, and 63 prior to this season. 

Luis Robert was ranked #76, 40, and 45 prior to this season. 

Edited by Sox Fan In Husker Land