FS: Luis Robert is Dominating the Carolina League

Rankin

40 minutes ago, tray said:

Why are they waiting to promote Robert to AA?  They are wasting his time and his career by having him down there.

Relax . He still has little experience . It's a long season .Another month in A+ won't hurt. The best prospect on the planet has over 1000 minor league AB's ( Vlad Guerrero Jr.). Robert has 329. Moving him means moving other pieces to accommodate him. He still has a lot to learn. Baseball isn't as easy as he is making it look right now. No sense grinding him down . He's on fire now but long seasons do wear a guy down who is not used to it yet no matter how good a physical specimen he is. Let's see if he can stay healthy for 6 months while playing nearly every day. If he does there's a decent chance he can start next year with the Sox but I would imagine with so little experience that he will struggle at some point in AA or AAA and he will need to adjust and we will need to stay patience just like with Moncada.

• Like 1

Robert was removed from the game last night with a left hand contusion / soreness according to Van Schouwen of the Sun Times. He wrote there was no incident (i.e. slide) that caused it. Hand is sore. He's day to day.

Edited by Lip Man 1

6 hours ago, tray said:

It is his left hand again, the hand with the thumb sprain that plagued him last season and earlier in the Spring.  I am concerned about this.

Is there any more information about this injury ? 

If it's a hand contusion on his left hand it's very possible this is caused by the knob of the bat. Hes hitting the ball so good and hard right now the knob could be smashing up against his hamate. This was a problem for Stanton a couple years ago too.

3 hours ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

If it's a hand contusion on his left hand it's very possible this is caused by the knob of the bat. Hes hitting the ball so good and hard right now the knob could be smashing up against his hamate. This was a problem for Stanton a couple years ago too.

It was a HBP

Just now, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

It was a HBP

Daryl says there was no incident that caused it. I am going off that.

There are guys that are so strong and they grip the bat so low and strong that they bruise their hand when swinging. All he has to add is a pad on his knob or shave the knob down a little. If it's a hbp I'd be even less worried.

2 hours ago, ChiSox59 said:

Some rando on twitter last night said he heard that his hand is broken and he will be out until August, but a couple FS Sox guys quoted him saying that is BS.  

We would have known if it were the broken hand thing by now.  Apparently he took batting practice