4/16 Games

TheTruth05

18 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

The real question is how do you expect them to ever get better if you barely use them against LHP.  Just seems so dumb.

I honestly think they are worried about AA pitching and the Birmingham ballpark completely destroying the confidence of Sheets and Rutherford. 

40 minutes ago, OneDog847 said:

I honestly think they are worried about AA pitching and the Birmingham ballpark completely destroying the confidence of Sheets and Rutherford. 

but he did the same thing in Winston salem.

3 hours ago, OneDog847 said:

At what point do you take the kid gloves off.  The Sox shouldn't be trying to insulate these guys from adversity.  They should be throwing them into adversity to see who sinks and who swims.  That's the point of the minor leagues.  Are they really trying to develop platoon players here?!?

Rutherford and Sheets should be playing every day.  This is the time for them to be facing left handed pitchers.  To find out if they suck against left handed pitching or not.

Edited by Perfect Vision
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

One more hit and he'll be batting .500! 

At what point does he just get intentionally walked every PA? 

He still has a K-rate of 20%. That's only going to get worse as he gets to higher levels. He also has a BABIP of .531. I'm glad he's mashing, but we're getting a little carried away thinking he should immediately go to AA and maybe be in MLB later this year or early next. This isn't sustainable, and he has some things to work on.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, The Sir said:

He still has a K-rate of 20%. That's only going to get worse as he gets to higher levels. He also has a BABIP of .531. I'm glad he's mashing, but we're getting a little carried away thinking he should immediately go to AA and maybe be in MLB later this year or early next. This isn't sustainable, and he has some things to work on.

We're complaining about a 20% K-rate now for a guy slugging 1000?  What exactly are the standards around here?  Joe DiMaggio?  I mean, Trout's K-rate is usually around 25%.  Is he bad?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

We're complaining about a 20% K-rate now for a guy slugging 1000?  What exactly are the standards around here?  Joe DiMaggio?  I mean, Trout's K-rate is usually around 25%.  Is he bad?

Take The Sir's posts with a grain of salt. To him,  if a player isn't destroying the minors he's a non prospect, and if they're not a HOF level player at the MLB level they suck. 

6 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

That's not true. Trout's career rate is 21%. But either way, he's doing that in MLB, facing the best pitching on Earth. Robert is doing it in A-ball, facing guys like Nick Raquet and Jackson Tetreault. It's not the same. I don't care what his SLG is; I care how he does it. Killing shit pitchers while still striking out a bunch is...disconcerting.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

No one is allowed to have anything positive about this organization ever.

Roberts has a sweet swing.

6 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Take The Sir's posts with a grain of salt. To him,  if a player isn't destroying the minors he's a non prospect, and if they're not a HOF level player at the MLB level they suck. 

Ya got me, Jack. I do think Yolmer sucks and always has, and I think this board is far too hyped up on prospects who will never make a significant impact in MLB (Basabe, Adolfo, Lambert, Stiever, Curbelo, Rivera, Nunez, Bush, Pilkington, etc).

However, due to solid hit tools, I do have high hopes for Madrigal, LGon, and Blake.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, The Sir said:

Ya got me, Jack. I do think Yolmer sucks and always has, and I think this board is far too hyped up on prospects who will never make a significant impact in MLB (Basabe, Adolfo, Lambert, Stiever, Curbelo, Rivera, Nunez, Bush, Pilkington, etc).

However, due to solid hit tools, I do have high hopes for Madrigal, LGon, and Blake.

Who the hell is "hyped" on any of those guys you mentioned? I think we all *hope* Adolfo, Basabe, Bush and Pilkington are contributors but I wouldn't say "hyped." As for the others you mentioned, any success they have is gravy.