4/16 7:10 pm Royals v. White Sox (Lopez v. Lopez)

bmags

Just now, Harper2Sox said:

I’m pretty sure we know what Tilson is by now...  bad.  But may as well play either him over Palka.

At least Tilson would provide some speed and better defense. Right now Palka is just an automatic out and a clog in the field. My guess is they give him til the end of April to try and find a hot streak. Then comes either Tilson or Cordell.

3 minutes ago, justBLAZE said:

Is Tilson still a prospect? I know he can at least play the field, for some reason always rooting for the local kid.

No, but likewise. Kid had his career at a crossroads cuz of that injury. Rooting for him to make it back. 

• Thanks 1

Tilson has fairly low upside because he's never shown any power. Best case scenario is a glove-first outfielder who just barely touches league average hitting. Realistic positive outcome is that he's a 4th outfielder who doesn't kill you if someone gets hurt for a few weeks

Just now, Jake said:

Tilson has fairly low upside because he's never shown any power. Best case scenario is a glove-first outfielder who just barely touches league average hitting. Realistic positive outcome is that he's a 4th outfielder who doesn't kill you if someone gets hurt for a few weeks

So Adam Engel, with a better bat, and worse glove.

1 minute ago, Scoots said:

So Adam Engel, with a better bat, and worse glove.

Well I think Adam Engel has much more upside as a hitter although I'm not sure which one is currently better. But yes as you say, the upside with the glove isn't really there for Tilson.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Because of his 100 career big league at bats?

Because of his lack of any sort of pop and his attributes of speed and defense don’t come into play very well when he injures himself repeatedly.

9 minutes ago, Jake said:

I don't think anyone here thinks Tilson is a future guy (unless it's a 4th OF). Similar to Delmonico, he can be brought up to hold the fort/keeping the seat warm until the big spects come up. I'd much rather see what he or Cordell can do than Palka. Worst case, they can play a serviceable RF. 

• Kyyle23 unpinned and locked this topic