4/16 7:10 pm Royals v. White Sox (Lopez v. Lopez)

bmags

Just now, chitownsportsfan said:

Renteria going to Renteria.  As if a guy couldn't have gotten warmed up once the HR was hit.

Honestly this is the only thing I really dislike with Renteria.  I don't think he knows how to handle a starter or bullpen well.  He puts pretty good lineups out there and doesn't do the Ozzie Sunday lineup garbage.  He also seems to have a good rapport with the players.

26 minutes ago, BFirebird said:

Honestly this is the only thing I really dislike with Renteria.  I don't think he knows how to handle a starter or bullpen well.  He puts pretty good lineups out there and doesn't do the Ozzie Sunday lineup garbage.  He also seems to have a good rapport with the players.

I agree.  He also speaks Spanish which is a big plus.

52 minutes ago, BFirebird said:

I thought he handled the bullpen fine in 17 when it was actually good

3 hours ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I'm not kidding when I got a little emotional watching those guys celebrate at the park just now with some beers.  It's been a long ass time since Sox fans felt some joy.  baby steps tonight.

I guess it is much nicer beating the Royals than the alternative, but the Royals are soooooo lousy.

• Kyyle23 unpinned and locked this topic