4/16 7:10 pm Royals v. White Sox (Lopez v. Lopez)

bmags

The Royals are light years ahead of the Sox in advance scouting. You can see it by how their pitchers attack the Sox hitters. Case in point was Moncada in which they only threw him breaking balls after they got ahead with strike one. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

5 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Same old Lopez.  Has no secondary offering he can rely on.

That is why I think Giolito has a higher ceiling. He at the very least has a slider and changeup that are very good, and occasionally he'll flash that ++ curve. Gio's slider is more consistent than his curve.  Lopez has a big fastball but his secondary stuff isn't that great. His change is ok to flashing + but his breaking balls are lacking. Lopez should pick either the curve or slider and try to develop feel for one of them. If I were him I'd choose the curveball because it is a different velocity than his changeup, while the slider is similar in velocity. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

That is why I think Giolito has a higher ceiling. He at the very least has a slider and changeup that are very good, and occasionally he'll flash that ++ curve. Gio's slider is more consistent than his curve. 

Jack. Cool it on the Giolito hype for a night. We get it.

• Haha 2

• Kyyle23 unpinned and locked this topic