4/17 1:10 pm - White Sox v. Royals (Giolito v. Keller)

bmags

• bmags pinned this topic
5 minutes ago, EloyJenkins said:

methinks this means Palka is done. What a shame of a way to start your season as a professional. Palka no smash when he is sad...

It is definitely time to try someone else.  Cordell is eligible to return today - a little surprised they didn't make the move.  Palka still has an option and can go down to Charlotte and work through it.  He'll be back.  

4 minutes ago, EloyJenkins said:

methinks this means Palka is done. What a shame of a way to start your season as a professional. Palka no smash when he is sad...

We probably are even not accounting for how bad it was even in spring training.

He was 7 for 42 in spring training. So he's 7 for his last 76, a .092 BA. 

4 minutes ago, bmags said:

We probably are even not accounting for how bad it was even in spring training.

He was 7 for 42 in spring training. So he's 7 for his last 76, a .092 BA. 

I was really surprised he made the team out of spring training.

20 minutes ago, EloyJenkins said:

I really hope that's what this means but I think you're giving them too much credit. Deep down I think he's still getting regular playing time for the rest of the month at least 

1 minute ago, Greg Hibbard said:

Why is Eloy batting fifth and Anderson sixth? Considering Anderson's been on fire I would think he merits batting higher. 

Eloy probably to keep the pressure of him I would guess. Anderson idk, maybe if it's not broke don't fix it?

10 minutes ago, mqr said:

Eloy probably to keep the pressure of him I would guess. Anderson idk, maybe if it's not broke don't fix it?

As long as Jose is sharpie'd in at #3 every day and Yonder #4 (but why?) there's going to be some issues.  Jose is not a front line hitter anymore but not that the Sox or Ricky would admit and move him down to 5th or 6th.

Lineup construction doesn't really matter that much (something like maybe 10 runs from optimal to sub optimal over the course of a season, so 1 win basically) but it's still frustrating to see Jose and Yonder 3 and 4 when the Sox have better options.

At least they have Moncada at the 2 slot, which is where I think he profiles for the next decade.  I'd love to see them drop Jose to 6th, move Yonder to 3rd, Eloy to 4th and TA to 5th.  Eloy is going to hit cleanup for the next 8+ years here, might as well start him now.  He can handle it, he's the Besssssssssssss.

7 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

As long as Jose is sharpie'd in at #3 every day and Yonder #4 (but why?) there's going to be some issues.  Jose is not a front line hitter anymore but not that the Sox or Ricky would admit and move him down to 5th or 6th.

Lineup construction doesn't really matter that much (something like maybe 10 runs from optimal to sub optimal over the course of a season, so 1 win basically) but it's still frustrating to see Jose and Yonder 3 and 4 when the Sox have better options.

At least they have Moncada at the 2 slot, which is where I think he profiles for the next decade.  I'd love to see them drop Jose to 6th, move Yonder to 3rd, Eloy to 4th and TA to 5th.  Eloy is going to hit cleanup for the next 8+ years here, might as well start him now.  He can handle it, he's the Besssssssssssss.

Seriously. Is there anything with a worse whining to importance ratio?

Edited by mqr

10 minutes ago, BackDoorBreach said:

Stop moving Yo from #2.  Switch hitting power bat with speed is literally ideal in the 2 hole.  He's not a 5 spot guy.

He's batting second today. idk what you're complaining about. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Jack you're a bit of a nut (in a good way) and you're a dedicated fan I like that.

A lot of my posts depend on what my mood is at the given moment. My life generally sucks, but there are positives. I've been pretty vocal about having high functioning autism, so I deal with a lot of those problems in my personal life. It is why I'm either super negative or very positive. A lot of time there is no middle ground in my thought process(a very autistic trait). I've been working on trying to see gray areas, and it is helping in many ways. It's tough to force yourself to see gray when your default is black and white.

Edited by Jack Parkman

2 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

A lot of my posts depend on what my mood is at the given moment. My life generally sucks, but there are positives. I've been pretty vocal about having high functioning autism, so I deal with a lot of those problems in my personal life. It is why I'm either super negative or very positive. A lot of time there is no middle ground in my thought process(a very autistic trait). I've been working on trying to see gray areas, and it is helping in many ways. 

It's apparent we disagree a lot, but yes you are a huge fan and I'm sure we'd get along a lot in person. You seem like a great guy. Unfortunately our views on sports differ greatly

Edited by soxfan49