4/17 1:10 pm - White Sox v. Royals (Giolito v. Keller)

bmags

2 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I mean, Gioltio looked awesome, Timmy hit a bomb, and Yoan continued to look good at the plate.  Wasn’t all bad before they all left abruptly.

yeah, it's the injury issues though that are worrisome.  Don't really care that Engel and the rest of the Legion of Suck are doing bad.

1 minute ago, JuliusO1274 said:

Avi currently has a .8 WAR according to Baseball Reference, that includes a positive rated defensive WAR. Just saying.

Such a stupid, stupid decision.  They had nothing to lose giving him one more season.

Just now, fathom said:

Such a stupid, stupid decision.  They had nothing to lose giving him one more season.

The assumption was they were going to use the money for Harper/Machado. Hindsight is 20/20 but if they knew they weren't going to go all out on that front they should have absolutely kept him. 

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Hey now, we do not like overpaying veteran players who have no long-term future with us

yeah, it's the injury issues though that are worrisome.  Don't really care that Engel and the rest of the Legion of Suck are doing bad.

I'm really concerned that Moncada might go into a funk after his mandatory hiatus. It could fuck with his pitch recognition a bit. 

I said when they got rid of him that I wouldn't be surprised if he had a great 2019 season. He showed the batting average in 2017 and a lot more power in an injury plagued 2018, I had a feeling he would put together if he was heathy in 2019.

Just now, GermanSoxFan said:

It was time to move on from Avi, just as it is time to move on from Abreu at the end of the year. 

why though, it was clear to anyone watching that he was injured all last year (our training staff blew it with him).  Considering that he was great in 2017 and showed power last year despite the knee/hamstring issues, it was definitely worth the risk of seeing what he could do in a non-contending season.

1 minute ago, whitesoxbrad said:

How about just give him the take sign, smart baseball, something this organization has zero idea about, they are embarrassing.

I wouldn't bother arguing with him . he thinks the Sox crap smells like roses!

3 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I'm really concerned that Moncada might go into a funk after his mandatory hiatus. It could fuck with his pitch recognition a bit. 

I'm not worried about that...just hope it doesn't become one of those lasting concussion issues.  

Just now, fathom said:

why though, it was clear to anyone watching that he was injured all last year (our training staff blew it with him).  Considering that he was great in 2017 and showed power last year despite the knee/hamstring issues, it was definitely worth the risk of seeing what he could do in a non-contending season.

They let him go to leave the spot open for a Harper pursuit, I presume. If they really were out on Harper, they should have worked quickly to get Avi back. Maybe they did, but Avi wasn't interested in returning once they non-tendered him. 

8 minutes ago, Scoots said:

The only thing I remember about Carlos Gomez is he would always swing as hard as he could, and on a whiff you could safely bet the over that he would do a 360 spin and his helmet would fly off his head.

YouTube him and you'll see.

11 minutes ago, JoshPR said:

Dude emotion is one thing. Hot dogging is something else

He doesnt hotdog. You have no idea what you're talking about. 

He's having fun playing a game. Your attitude is embarrassing and you should consider changing it. Take your old white man anti-fun nonsense somewhere else.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

You said it, it‘s a non contending season. Avi is a free agent at the end of the year, the Sox can always resign him. I‘d rather see if Cordell or Palka or other fringy prospects can play in the big leagues.

Just now, fathom said:

I'm not worried about that...just hope it doesn't become one of those lasting concussion issues.  

I'm worried about that first and foremost and then when he gets back, he could really struggle, just like when he was hot last year, got hurt and then seemed to really fall off