4/17 1:10 pm - White Sox v. Royals (Giolito v. Keller)

bmags

3 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

You were ripping everyone for using racial stereotypes yesterday and now are using racial stereotypes.  I believe that makes you a hypocrite pal.

Got it. Let's go back to lambasting Tim Anderson for having fun. That seems to fit more in line with the anti-fun crowd here.

I think we'll win this one, honestly, but with Tim and Yoan gone, our offense just seems so boring right now. I think Eloy is going to be great, but he's quickly wading into Moncada-2018 territory (as far as being a must-see, I mean). I think he'll do some great things, but the shit swings on some of this breaking stuff really kills my need to watch every single at bat. He'll grow, but with the two super must-sees out, I'm ambivalent about whether I need to see all of this one. Ugh.

3 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I'm a 32 year old white guy so ummm... I'm pretty sure me saying he believes in archaic old white guy rules isnt racist. 

You don't get to decide what  offends people and what doesn't get a clue!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I'm a 32 year old white guy so ummm... I'm pretty sure me saying he believes in archaic old white guy rules isnt racist. 

You're right. Bashing your own race isn't racist. It's just kinda...sad.

• Like 1

Just now, Jake said:

Sucks that Joe West threw out our hottest hitter for getting hit by a pitch

That does suck, but let’s not act like they’ve haven’t had a ton of chances and that the crappy players on the team shit the bed.  

1 minute ago, BackDoorBreach said:

No, it's just virtue signaling and fucking stupid.

It's amazing that baseball and golf both were primarily white only sports for a long period of time, and both have/had unwritten rules that just happen to show that minorities are out of line when they show exuberance or happiness. Heck Josh called it showboating but I'd guess Josh has never very once questioned a RP fist pump after a big strike out. It must just be a big coincidence. 

1 minute ago, fathom said:

That does suck, but let’s not act like they’ve haven’t had a ton of chances and that the crappy players on the team shit the bed.  

Sure but they got to keep all their crappy players who are mostly shitting the bed

2 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

It's amazing that baseball and golf both were primarily white only sports for a long period of time, and both have/had unwritten rules that just happen to show that minorities are out of line when they show exuberance or happiness. Heck Josh called it showboating but I'd guess Josh has never very once questioned a RP fist pump after a big strike out. It must just be a big coincidence. 

Dude, I agree with your initial point, but bringing the race stuff into is stupid. Just let it go.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Sir said:

You're right. Bashing your own race isn't racist. It's just kinda...sad.

Yes, poor us (white people). Such oppression and struggle we've had to overcome.

If you have a pride in your whiteness solely because your white then that's truly sad. We're all human beings. All equal and all deserve the same respect and compassion.

3 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Got it. Let's go back to lambasting Tim Anderson for having fun. That seems to fit more in line with the anti-fun crowd here.

I don’t agree with people lambasting Tim for having fun, but that doesn’t make it any less hypocritical you using racial stereotypes less than 24 hours after blasting people for using them (even though they really weren’t).

• Like 2

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Yes, poor us (white people). Such oppression and struggle we've had to overcome.

If you have a pride in your whiteness solely because your white then that's truly sad. We're all human beings. All equal and all deserve the same respect and compassion.

yo take it to social media, this is a game thread not your pathetic soap box. Nobody cares

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1