4/17 1:10 pm - White Sox v. Royals (Giolito v. Keller)

bmags

2 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

Umpires declined to comment postgame. Shocking!!

Because they know they were in the wrong. To me, that is unprofessional. It's your job. Explain your decision-making to the people who support this game so we can understand what is going on.

The Royals do this every year to the Sox. If there's a series we are going to win, they throw at a Sox hitter and it usually works. I'm sick of KC doing this to the Sox every single year, starting fights. Anderson breaks the unwritten rule and they bean him in the butt with a pitch. Anderson shoulda just charged the mound immediately if he was going to say/do anything. Oh well, it's fitting two very very bad teams are 3-3 vs. each other this year.

2 minutes ago, GradMc said:

Oh please.

Do you watch the theatrics surrounding a Bryce Harper homer ???

In general, I don't like this stuff. Play the game and skip this nonsense.  I didn't see any theatrics regarding any Harper homer, but I don't like the guy despite his abilities. He gets himself thrown out of the games and has anger management problems.

Major leaguers are professionals. They should cut the showboating and concentrate on the game. It' s hard enough as it is.

8 minutes ago, GradMc said:

Oh please.

Do you watch the theatrics surrounding a Bryce Harper homer ???

As long as baseball players will abide by the unwritten rulebook, TA needs to cut it out. Harper too if he does it. You cannot deny that flipping the bat, flinging the bat, running too slow around the bases, doing something wacky upon crossing the plate all are against baseball's unwritten rules. If you break an unwritten rule, usually something's gonna happen. Still bothers me that the shift isn't against the unwritten rules. It embarrasses hitters when they refuse to plop a bunt to the left side and instead embarrass themselves and the game by pulling the ball right into the shift. GO SOX!

Edited by greg775

Just now, NWINFan said:

In general, I don't like this stuff. Play the game and skip this nonsense.  I didn't see any theatrics regarding any Harper homer, but I don't like the guy despite his abilities. He gets himself thrown out of the games and has anger management problems.

Major leaguers are professionals. They should cut the showboating and concentrate on the game. It' s hard enough as it is.

C'mon man. Baseball is a game. Games are fun. Players should get excited. They should be allowed to show it. I want more of it.

• Thanks 3

1 minute ago, greg775 said:

As long as baseball players will abide by the unwritten rulebook, TA needs to cut it out. Harper too if he does it. You cannot deny that flipping the bat, flinging the bat, running too slow around the bases, doing something wacky upon crossing the plate all are against baseball's unwritten rules. If you break an unwritten rule, usually something's gonna happen. Still bothers me that the shift isn't against the unwritten rules. It embarrasses hitters when they refuse to plop a bunt to the left side and instead embarrass themselves and the game by pulling the ball right into the shift. GO SOX!

The rules weren’t written down for a reason

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DirtySox said:

C'mon man. Baseball is a game. Games are fun. Players should get excited. They should be allowed to show it. I want more of it.

Hockey players celebrate every goal and football players celebrate every tackle or 2-yard run. Let them have fun.

Edited by soxfan2014

18 minutes ago, Chisox378 said:

Tim Anderson is the Dennis Rodman of this team. Someone in the clubhouse will need to control him, He gets under opposing teams skin. I'm for it as long as it's controlled.

this is the first i've ever heard anything close to this.

15 minutes ago, flavum said:

Just get around the bases and do whatever you want in the dugout. The chain, high fives, whatever. Throwing your bat and yelling is taunting. It is bad sportsmanship. It is stupid. There is a place in a 162-game schedule to respect your opponent. 

Watch out you may be called names....

11 minutes ago, NWINFan said:

They're in the entertainment industry. Their job is to entertain. Emotion is good for entertainment. I just was scrolling through Twitter and it was hilarious how many young people were tweeting that Tim Anderson is their new favorite player. 

Emotion is cool and fun. You show a lot of it playing as a kid with nothing really at stake. 

Tim Anderson doesn't get in trouble outside of work. Theres no domestic violence accusations. He's married with two kids. By all accounts he does a ton of work in the community and with kids. All in all a good human it seems. He plays the game incredibly hard. He's clearly worked very hard to improve his game. And he's living his dream each and every day. Being excited about that is normal and being excited for helping your team is normal.

I honestly would be fine with the takes if it were both sides, but pitchers yell, scream and fist pump all the time. Never once do these same people, who have a problem with Anderson, tell the pitcher it's too much when they fist pump; and no one would think it's ok or normal if a better ran to the mound and hit the pitcher with the at bat the next time hes up.

People break bones every year being HBP. It could kill you. And for what reason? Because he got a hit off you and was excited the at bat before? 

Kids like bat flips and fist pumps and fun. The game needs more kids. Their entire promotion this year is "Let the Kids Play", and they got a guy being thrown out for doing exactly what they're trying to promote. Enough is enough. 

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2

11 minutes ago, NWINFan said:

JFC...this a game not a corporate office.  Let these guys have some fucking fun.

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

They're in the entertainment industry. Their job is to entertain. Kids like bat flips and fist pumps and fun. The game needs more kids. Their entire promotion this year is "Let the Kids Play", and they got a guy being thrown out for doing exactly what they're trying to promote. Enough is enough. 

You are wasting your words. Cmon. Like I said celebrating your own home run excessively is against baseball's unwritten rules. Case closed. The fact the Royals plunked TA his next at bat after he did that proves the unwritten rulebook is alive and well. It's not going to change. TA is the one who needs to change.

3 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

They're in the entertainment industry. Their job is to entertain. Emotion is good for entertainment. I just was scrolling through Twitter and it was hilarious how many young people were tweeting that Tim Anderson is their new favorite player. 

Emotion is cool and fun. You show a lot of it playing as a kid with nothing really at stake. 

Tim Anderson doesn't get in trouble outside of work. Theres no domestic violence accusations. He's married with two kids. He plays the game incredibly hard. He's clearly worked very hard to improve his game. And he's living his dream each and every day. Being excited about that is normal and being excited for helping your team is normal.

I honestly would be fine with the takes if it were both sides, but pitchers yell, scream and fist pump all the time. Never once do these same people, who have a problem with Anderson, tell the pitcher it's too much when they fist pump; and no one would think it's ok or normal if a better ran to the mound and hit the pitcher with the at bat the next time hes up.

People break bones every year being HBP. It could kill you. And for what reason? Because he got a hit off you and was excited the at bat before? 

Kids like bat flips and fist pumps and fun. The game needs more kids. Their entire promotion this year is "Let the Kids Play", and they got a guy being thrown out for doing exactly what they're trying to promote. Enough is enough. 

Yeah, that's the thing, the pitchers do the same shit with strikeouts and double plays. They don't get any flack for it.

What's next? The next World Series loser gets pissed because the winner was celebrating on the field and starts a brawl after the final out? I swear people get offended way too easily.

28 minutes ago, NWINFan said:

LOL

i don't know which Bryce Harper you're talking about but the one that plays for the Phillies has a script (with a supporting cast, too boot)  straight outta Dreamworks and Disney.

It's a wonder Harper doesn't get drilled every time he comes to the plate.

I didn't care about the Sox taking a pass on him. Manny was the guy they needed.

Go Tim !!

Edited by GradMc

4 minutes ago, greg775 said:

You are wasting your words. Cmon. Like I said celebrating your own home run excessively is against baseball's unwritten rules. Case closed. The fact the Royals plunked TA his next at bat after he did that proves the unwritten rulebook is alive and well. It's not going to change. TA is the one who needs to change.

Again. Not written down for a reason

21 minutes ago, NWINFan said:

You’re boring.  

• Love 2

The Royals are a stupid baseball team who deliberately put a speedy guy on base to lead off an inning in a tie game...but then they get bailed out because Joe West clearly just does not like Tim Anderson..,it's bullshit!!

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, NWINFan said:

This old timey crap is over.  Celebrity is the driving force in modern sport.  Time to get onboard.