4/17 1:10 pm - White Sox v. Royals (Giolito v. Keller)

bmags

Just now, wegner said:

The Royals are a stupid baseball team who deliberately put a speedy guy on base to lead off an inning in a tie game...but then they get bailed out because Joe West clearly just does not like Tim Anderson..,it's bullshit!!

That Joe west is still employed is bullshit

5 minutes ago, JuliusO1274 said:

I would say context matters. I think teams are more tolerant of it if it comes in late inning clutch situations. Tim seems to do the bat flips and showboating even in the early innings.

The context of this was a person having fun playing a game.  Anyone else that thinks different is just wrong.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, AustinIllini said:

This old timey crap is over.  Celebrity is the driving force in modern sport.  Time to get onboard.

I don't think this is Anderson playing celebrity. It's Anderson showing us who he is.  And that's fine, as long as it's not overdone.

Edited by Chisox378

27 minutes ago, greg775 said:

You are wasting your words. Cmon. Like I said celebrating your own home run excessively is against baseball's unwritten rules. Case closed. The fact the Royals plunked TA his next at bat after he did that proves the unwritten rulebook is alive and well. It's not going to change. TA is the one who needs to change.

Jesus Christ, thank god you weren’t around during the Civil Rights era.

17 minutes ago, mqr said:

Timmy, when will you learn that people do not pay to see guys who can hit 418 foot home runs...they pay to see Joe West waddle hit fat ass out there...ah I remember 2013 when Country Joe had a great year behind the plate 

• Haha 5

Comparing TA to Dennis Rodman was kinda out there

But I will say this.

There's no second three-peat without him.

And his Hall of Fame speech was as classy and humbling as I"ve ever seen.

Edited by GradMc

Other teams hated AJ...so what?  If other teams hate Tim because of how he plays...so what?  Plus Tim Anderson is a great guy who really gives back to the community and is a credit to the White Sox.  Keep it up, TA, be the leader that this team needs.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

They're in the entertainment industry. Their job is to entertain. Emotion is good for entertainment. I just was scrolling through Twitter and it was hilarious how many young people were tweeting that Tim Anderson is their new favorite player. 

Emotion is cool and fun. You show a lot of it playing as a kid with nothing really at stake. 

Tim Anderson doesn't get in trouble outside of work. Theres no domestic violence accusations. He's married with two kids. By all accounts he does a ton of work in the community and with kids. All in all a good human it seems. He plays the game incredibly hard. He's clearly worked very hard to improve his game. And he's living his dream each and every day. Being excited about that is normal and being excited for helping your team is normal.

I honestly would be fine with the takes if it were both sides, but pitchers yell, scream and fist pump all the time. Never once do these same people, who have a problem with Anderson, tell the pitcher it's too much when they fist pump; and no one would think it's ok or normal if a better ran to the mound and hit the pitcher with the at bat the next time hes up.

People break bones every year being HBP. It could kill you. And for what reason? Because he got a hit off you and was excited the at bat before? 

Kids like bat flips and fist pumps and fun. The game needs more kids. Their entire promotion this year is "Let the Kids Play", and they got a guy being thrown out for doing exactly what they're trying to promote. Enough is enough. 

This is an awesome post, especially the bold. Tim Anderson is a good, hardworking dude. Dennis Rodman is a repeated drunk driver with some funky off-field issues who is most famous to the young generation for shilling for one of the most brutal dictatorships on the planet. The comparison is INSANE. Thanks for pointing that out.

Anyhow, I'm gonna remember this date so I can come back and watch this, just like I remember September 20th 2005, so I can keep watching Joe Crede beat the Indians. Some people here need to chill out. Anyone who knows me and reviews my post history knows I'm living in 1952, but I'm not old school on this one. If the "douchiest" thing Tim Anderson does is rub it in the other team's face after murdering baseballs, I not only accept it, I encourage it!

He is easily my favorite player on this team. I haven't liked a player this much since Frank Thomas.

Edited by The Sir
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

TA was probably a little overboard with his antics after tying an April 17th game up vs the lowly Royals, but so what. Deal with it. If you don’t like it, get him out. And they did hit him in the ass so that is no big deal either. They put the Sox best basrunner on in a tie game. Probably over reaction for both sides, and clearly over reaction from Joe West. Probably no one should have been tossed. 

• Like 1

Consider the circumstances, TA is coming into his own and having a breakout year so far, so that HR for him was emotional. Plus sportsmamship was still intact because the bat throw wasn't directed at the other team. There is an edicate of the game not to let emotions fly when the time is not right. I remember the Yankee players last year, it may have been game one of the playoffs and a player led the 2nd inning off with a double and was screaming to the heavens with his mouth wide open like a nut. I didn't think that was appropriate for that situation.  

Edited by Chisox378

This team is horrific with fundamentals....and it is not getting better....

What is our eventual desired style of play?  I thought we were supposed to do all the little things well...

Ricky is DONE...need somebody to help move things forward...

The crap players should at least be able to play small ball....

If Tim Anderson continues to have a BA above .400 and an OPS north of 1.1 he can flip the bat on every damned at bat as far as I’m concerned 

Cant wait til he wins player of the month and maybe West can overrule  and throw that out without any accountability

and then Sox fans can find a way to blame the player literally setting April on fire for just doing what keeps him motivated to set April on fire

Do you, Tim

• Like 1

To those of you defending Anderson's antics:

Would you feel the same way if the situation was reversed?  Say it was the KC player who showboated after hitting an HR and the Sox pitcher then plunked him on his next AB (which you damn well know Renteria would order).

I would bet most of you would back the Sox.  It's not about what is being done, it's whether or not it's your team that is doing it.

• Like 1
  • Love 1