4/17 1:10 pm - White Sox v. Royals (Giolito v. Keller)

bmags

Just now, bubba phillips said:

To those of you defending Anderson's antics:

Would you feel the same way if the situation was reversed?  Say it was the KC player who showboated after hitting an HR and the Sox pitcher then plunked him on his next AB (which you damn well know Renteria would order).

I would bet most of you would back the Sox.  It's not about what is being done, it's whether or not it's your team that is doing it.

No, I want everyone to go crazy when they hit bombs. I will appropriately channel my anger to our pitchers as I always do

1 minute ago, bubba phillips said:

Would you feel the same way if the situation was reversed?  Say it was the KC player who showboated after hitting an HR and the Sox pitcher then plunked him on his next AB (which you damn well know Renteria would order).

I would bet most of you would back the Sox.  It's not about what is being done, it's whether or not it's your team that is doing it.

I guarantee we’re going to find out.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, bubba phillips said:

No I would not be pissed at the KC player for hitting a HR and celebrating. I would be pissed that our pitcher gave up a 2 run HR. 

So this is fine from a 19-36 team in May of last year, but Tim Anderson celebrating and yelling at his teammates is not? Fuck the Royals. 

4 minutes ago, bubba phillips said:

Who gives a damn about flipping a bat in 2019? Seriously I don’t care if it’s a Sox Player, Manny machado, tatis, any cub player or any pitcher.....does it really matter? NFL players celebrate after every single score. In the NFL the fans love it, the players love it, it’s good for the game...if you don’t like it as a player then stop it by getting them out. This is where the league is falling behind other sports. MLB needs to quit being so damn sensitive, they may just attract more fans with different stuff like that.

2 minutes ago, soxfan2014 said:

Baez or Contreras is totally going to do it against the Sox and I guarantee half of the next 20 posts are related to being pissed at the guy who hit the bomb.

I hate them already. I will hate them no matter what they do

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, bubba phillips said:

I think you'd be very much mistaken. The vast majority of fans give absolutely zero shits about "showboating" (aka: having fun and hurting absolutely no one). Renteria probably would ok the plunk and posters would be all over his ass for putting a free runner on base.

I'm late to this as I've just gotten home to post, but this one pisses me off a lot. Tim Anderson ejected for no reason at all obviously COMPLETELY changes the game. Takes the Sox' hottest hitter, arguably best base stealer off the basepaths and just changed everything. This game was potentially winnable if not for this bullshit.

• Like 1

It is funny, people decrying the generations following theirs for being soft are the exact same people who wet their pants over a bat being tossed a bit too far. My heart aches for Keller's fragile ego, I only hope Tim Anderson receiving a bruise on his left cheek restores a bit of his manhood.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

BTW I'm happy to just roll my eyes about them hitting Anderson. Somehow them hitting Anderson for doing something that's not against the rules got Anderson tossed from the game. That's what makes me pissed off

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, beckham15 said:

Who gives a damn about flipping a bat in 2019? Seriously I don’t care if it’s a Sox Player, Manny machado, tatis, any cub player or any pitcher.....does it really matter? NFL players celebrate after every single score. In the NFL the fans love it, the players love it, it’s good for the game...if you don’t like it as a player then stop it by getting them out. This is where the league is falling behind other sports. MLB needs to quit being so damn sensitive, they may just attract more fans with different stuff like that.

So the batter shouldn't celebrate at the plate. But there are jumping high-fives from the runners and guys coming out of the dugout after he crosses the plate. 

Imagine if when Tiger Woods went into his celebration on Sunday ,the runner-up threw a golf ball at him. 

• Haha 1

Just now, SCCWS said:

So the batter shouldn't celebrate at the plate. But there are jumping high-fives from the runners and guys coming out of the dugout after he crosses the plate. 

Imagine if when Tiger Woods went into his celebration on Sunday ,the runner-up threw a golf ball at him. 

on a podcast I listened to they suggested Tiger should have just bladed his ball into his hand with the putter, threw it into the crowd and walked off with a DQ.  Mic drop!

It a KC player threw a bat towards our dugout and made a nasty look at our players it would be different. If Dozier hit a HR and did what Anderson did I may say "settle down big boy," but wouldn't bean him in that situation.  Although Dozier doesn't seem like a player that would do that anyways.

Edited by Chisox378

29 minutes ago, soxfan2014 said:

Baez or Contreras is totally going to do it against the Sox and I guarantee half of the next 20 posts are related to being pissed at the guy who hit the bomb.

Not from me

1 minute ago, Chisox378 said:

It a KC player threw a bat towards our dugout and made a nasty look at our players it would be different. If Dozier hit a HR and did what Anderson did I may say "settle down big boy," but wouldn't bean him in that situation.  Although Dozier doesn't seem like a player that would do that anyways.

Damn that might start a riot 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Kalapse said:

Except the exact opposite of what Anderson did. He tossed his bat and mugged at his own dugout because he's on absolute fire right now and wanted to share it with his teammates.

Exactly..and he doesn't do it every time either,he just felt hot after he walloped that ball.

I think people are confusing two things here.  It’s one thing to not like seeing a guy celebrate at your expense (who can blame them).  It’s a whole different animal to feel compelled to throw a baseball at them in retaliation.  

Keller doesn’t have to enjoy Timmy’s emotion, but he’s a pretty big b**** to throw a 90+ MPH fastball at him cause he feels disrespected, especially when Tim doesn’t get the opportunity to throw one back at him.  Pitchers feel this underserved sense of power because they’re the only ones who can “accidentally” hit an opponent and that’s a huge fucking problem.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, bubba phillips said:

It was not that outrageous and neither is getting hit in the butt. Better reaction is to steal second and knock over the infielder. The whole idea of team is they bad we good just like another sphere of our lives called voting. Binary thinkers unite. 

3 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I think people are confusing two things here.  It’s one thing to not like seeing a guy celebrate at your expense (who can blame them).  It’s a whole different animal to feel compelled to throw a baseball at them in retaliation.  

Keller doesn’t have to enjoy Timmy’s emotion, but he’s a pretty big b**** to throw a 90+ MPH fastball at him cause he feels disrespected, especially when Tim doesn’t get the opportunity to throw one back at him.  Pitchers feel this underserved sense of power because they’re the only ones who can “accidentally” hit an opponent and that’s a huge fucking problem.

Yes. Throwing a baseball at someone is assault. 

3 minutes ago, pcq said:

It was not that outrageous and neither is getting hit in the butt. Better reaction is to steal second and knock over the infielder. The whole idea of team is they bad we good just like another sphere of our lives called voting. Binary thinkers unite. 

Getting intentionally hit with a baseball: NBD. Intentionally taking out an infielder on a slide: cool. Yes, makes sense. This isn't tribalism, it's the hopeful elimination of baseball's unwritten rules because they're insanely stupid.

• Thanks 2

Just now, SoxAce said:

Teammates with a guy who doesn't like Tim and vice versa (Stroman) and employed by a team whose best player for close to a decade routinely did it (Bautista). Makes sense. 

You could take the player out of the cardinal but you can’t take the cardinal out of the player

• Like 1
  • Love 1