4/17 Games

flavum

3 minutes ago, bmags said:

Well that's a hell of a statline for Varnell.

Heā€™s dominated like crazy since we drafted him. Ā Does anyone know what kind of stuff he has? Ā Iā€™m assuming heā€™s a soft tosserĀ justĀ based on his age & draft position, but Iā€™ve seen nothing specific on that end.

32 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

He and Adolfo starting to separate themselves from the pack as far as performance lately there. OPS up to .603 which is terrific considering where it was just a few days ago.

Gonzalezā€™s BB & K rates have been fine, just a lack of power so far and some bad BABIP luck. Ā The HR is a real nice sign.

2 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Flores off to another hot start. Ā I know the stuff isnā€™t greatĀ but heĀ could be a legit sleeper.

Exactly what I've been thinking lately. Ā They sort of get lost in the mix because there areĀ bigger names at their positions, but what exactly do Flores and Booker have to do before weĀ say "hmm,Ā maybe this guy can be a solid major leaguer"? Ā This is the second season where they're both outperforming some more hyped prospects.Ā 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, flavum said:

Collins hitting .250 in AAA makes me happy

If he can hit .245 consistently in the MLB with 25ish homers and a good amount of walks I'll be pumped

2 hours ago, SoxAce said:

Collins 3-4, 2B, 2 RBI, R.

Love to see it

2 hours ago, Quin said:

With lots of power and still drawing walks.Ā 

If he could force Castillo out mid-season it'd be a godsend.

Beyond a godsend