4/17 Games

flavum

6 hours ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

Man, Birmingham is just downright struggling across the board. Six players in a row with batting averages under .200

Them and the Kanny lineup struggling has really made following the minor league teams a lot less fun this year.  It’s honesty feels like we have three legit positonal prospects at the moment (Robert, Madrigal, & Collins).  Walker has done fairly well so far, but should be in High A in all honesty.  The good news is these guys can only get better and at some point Basabe & Burger will be back in action.

57 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Them and the Kanny lineup struggling has really made following the minor league teams a lot less fun this year.  It’s honesty feels like we have three legit positonal prospects at the moment (Robert, Madrigal, & Collins).  Walker has done fairly well so far, but should be in High A in all honesty.  The good news is these guys can only get better and at some point Basabe & Burger will be back in action.

A lot less fun so far.

It's a big, big jump to both. They will adjust.

9 hours ago, ChiSoxJon said:

If he can hit .245 consistently in the MLB with 25ish homers and a good amount of walks I'll be pumped

Love to see it

Beyond a godsend

And what's amazing is that he's doing this with a BABIP of only 0.182 (after his 3-4 night). It was a paltry 0.056 previously. Not sure what's going on here, but if this is just bad luck he's in for some big-time positive regression and it will be glorious.

21 minutes ago, skooch said:

And what's amazing is that he's doing this with a BABIP of only 0.182 (after his 3-4 night). It was a paltry 0.056 previously. Not sure what's going on here, but if this is just bad luck he's in for some big-time positive regression and it will be glorious.

I imagine he'll sit around .265-270 in the big leagues in BABIP given his profile - power hitting lefty who pulls everything on the ground and hits a lot of fly balls. That said, 182 is clearly low no matter what.

14 minutes ago, OmarComing25 said:

.329, .282, .333 the last 3 seasons so not really.

Weird, I thought I remembered reading some terrible larry article on SSS about how there wouldn't be a babip regression for Collins because he sucks (basically every larry article ever)

• Haha 2