Jeopardy

soxfan49

Has anyone been following this insane man winning Jeopardy? I believe he's now up to $630k in 11 days now. He's a sports bettor from Vegas who allegedly grew up near Naperville.

I watched today's episode where he won $131,000 (JUST TODAY). The guy is incredible. Anytime someone talks about a bettor from Vegas I unfortunately think of the fact that he's somehow cheating, but for the time being, I don't see a way he loses!

He wagered $60k going into final Jeopardy and got it with ease. He practically chooses true daily doubles on every daily double.

Yeah i've been watching and it is very impressive, I've even seen him do a true daily double and get it wrong then still come back to have enough money not to be caught in Final Jeopardy. He also picks from the bottom and is always trying to find the daily doubles. I do not think he's any smarter / quicker than others like Ken or Brad but man he just bets huge sums of money.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Markbilliards said:

Speaking of Jeopardy, how is Alex doing?  I thought I heard recently that he had cancer, and one of the bad kinds.

He has pancreatic cancer.  He says he is fighting it and that's pretty much all we know 

19 hours ago, MEANS said:

Yeah i've been watching and it is very impressive, I've even seen him do a true daily double and get it wrong then still come back to have enough money not to be caught in Final Jeopardy. He also picks from the bottom and is always trying to find the daily doubles. I do not think he's any smarter / quicker than others like Ken or Brad but man he just bets huge sums of money.

I still haven't seen him buzz in and get one wrong. Incredible.

20 hours ago, greg775 said:

I wonder how he prepared to know all the answers.

Trebek asked him and he said he was terrible in school. He said he studied topics he wasn't sure on to prepare.

On 4/19/2019 at 8:28 AM, soxfan49 said:

I still haven't seen him buzz in and get one wrong. Incredible.

Trebek asked him and he said he was terrible in school. He said he studied topics he wasn't sure on to prepare.

He started off Friday with an incorrect answer, then shortly after answered another question wrong.

24 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

What is it? I googled this and couldn't find anything

There used to be a limit where if you won 5 games in a row you retired and only could come back in the Tournament of Champions. Once they got rid of that limit, you had guys like Jennings appear who became legit famous for winning weeks to months in a row. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...