Palka demoted

fathom

1 minute ago, soxfan2014 said:

If he hits, he might be Yonder's replacement, assuming Yonder hits enough to get dealt. 

I don't think the Sox could get anything of value back for a 1 dimensional player such as Yonder. Even so, I think they are done with the whole trading away players for prospects game. I think they want to keep Colome and Herrera as bullpen pieces to anchor the back-end for the next few years, and they are really the only ones they that might get them back anything of value.

2 minutes ago, Scoots said:

I don't think the Sox could get anything of value back for a 1 dimensional player such as Yonder. Even so, I think they are done with the whole trading away players for prospects game. I think they want to keep Colome and Herrera as bullpen pieces to anchor the back-end for the next few years, and they are really the only ones they that might get them back anything of value.

Yeah more than likely nothing for him.

10 minutes ago, Scoots said:

Idk, Tilson has an OPS over 1.000 and is batting .381 in 11 more at bats than Cordell. But Cordell has some nice numbers too....924 ops with a .323 average. See what they decide. 

They could have Engel too idc

14 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Tilson isn’t on the 40 man roster.

Definitely did not take that into consideration. Cordell it is. They probably fly him out to Detroit after the Charlotte game tonight. Although I see he is not in the starting lineup so maybe they just make the call now.

Edited by Scoots

3 minutes ago, JuliusO1274 said:

The nightmare is over. I wonder if they were waiting for him to get his first hit or if it is just a coincidence. 

I think probably the plan was to see what he can do in this series. Today, even though he had his first hit, he had some pretty crucial at-bats where he just failed miserably. I think that was the sticking point.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Scoots said:

Idk, Tilson has an OPS over 1.000 and is batting .381 in 11 more at bats than Cordell. But Cordell has some nice numbers too....924 ops with a .323 average. See what they decide. 

Cordell has had 6 AB according to mlb.com

Are people really excited for him?  We don't have anybody better?  He isn't even a moderately high-ranked prospect of ours from the looks of things

4 minutes ago, Real said:

Cordell has had 6 AB according to mlb.com

Are people really excited for him?  We don't have anybody better?  He isn't even a moderately high-ranked prospect of ours from the looks of things

He at least was a decent prospect for the Brewers when we acquired him but any status he had has been derailed by injury. You don't expect him to be Luis Robert and destroy the league, but if he came up and performed well he wouldn't be the first talented guy to be knocked down by injury only to come back and produce after getting through the physical issues. 

6 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

He at least was a decent prospect for the Brewers when we acquired him but any status he had has been derailed by injury. You don't expect him to be Luis Robert and destroy the league, but if he came up and performed well he wouldn't be the first talented guy to be knocked down by injury only to come back and produce after getting through the physical issues. 

I hope we show the same 17 games worth of patience for Cordell we gave to Palka.  He has some good tools and might be a diamond in the rough.