Palka demoted

fathom

4 hours ago, sox71 said:

Is Jay ready to be activated?

Ricky said there is no timetable for his return. I think he might have a groin injury. Could be a Brett Lawrie Jeff Keppinger kind of thing.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, pcq said:

Ricky said there is no timetable for his return. I think he might have a groin injury. Could be a Brett Lawrie Jeff Keppinger kind of thing.

In other words, another Rick Hahn special. 

I truly hope Hahn is kept away from future garage sales.   Every half ass veteran ML player he picks up ends up loosing the 2nd half of that ass. 

• Haha 1

I doubt Palka sniffs a major league roster again.  I feel sorry for him because he gave it all he had but it just wasn't enough. 

The Sox should have deployed Palka in a more useful manner in Wednesday's loss to KC.  Palka was put in the line-up after the kerfuffle.  He should have been told that after he made an out in his next AB,  to throw his bat in the direction of the KC dugout and to yell, "you wanna piece of me,,,,,who wants a piece of me?"  Then he could have earned his pay by busting some Royal arse, and, at the same time, going off the roster with more dignity with a suspension as opposed to a demotion .

Edited by tray

36 minutes ago, tray said:

I doubt Palka sniffs a major league roster again.  I feel sorry for him because he gave it all he had but it just wasn't enough. 

The Sox should have deployed Palka in a more useful manner in Wednesday's loss to KC.  Palka was put in the line-up after the kerfuffle.  He should have been told that after he made an out in his next AB,  to throw his bat in the direction of the KC dugout and to yell, "you wanna piece of me,,,,,who wants a piece of me?"  Then he could have earned his pay by busting some Royal arse, and, at the same time, going off the roster with more dignity with a suspension as opposed to a demotion .

A for effort solid D for execution.

Palka sucks it's amazing how bad the Sox' self scouting is on a year to year basis.  This club can find -1 WAR faster than anybody.  It's a fucking corner OF spot FFS.

Cordell has 1 walk in 30 at bats and has struck out 1/3 of the time.  I know his BA is high, but is that sustainable in the majors?  AAA has a ton of AAAA pitching.

Tilson, Delmonico and Mendick (no spot for him) show some plate discipline.
They might as well send down Engel too, unless he's out of options.  His bat is insufficient for even a 5th OF at this point.  He was rushed, but nothing they can do about that now.  Then again, aside from Leury, he's it for CF.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, GreenSox said:

Cordell has 1 walk in 30 at bats and has struck out 1/3 of the time.  I know his BA is high, but is that sustainable in the majors?  AAA has a ton of AAAA pitching.

They might as well send down Engel too, unless he's out of options.  His bat is insufficient for even a 5th OF at this point.  He was rushed, but nothing they can do about that now.  Then again, aside from Leury, he's it for CF.

I'd like to see how well Cordell plays CF. 

9 minutes ago, GreenSox said:

I agree with your assessment of Cordell’s offensive game at Charlotte.  It’s definitely filled with red flags (SSS admittedly).  That being said, he’s a significant upgrade with the glove over Palka and that alone will add value.  As for the other options, Tilson isn’t on the 40 man roster and Nicky would likely be a liability in RF.  For better or worse, I think Cordell deserves the first shot here and he most definitely has the most upside of all the options.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I agree with your assessment of Cordell’s offensive game at Charlotte.  It’s definitely filled with red flags (SSS admittedly).  That being said, he’s a significant upgrade with the glove over Palka and that alone will add value.  As for the other options, Tilson isn’t on the 40 man roster and Nicky would likely be a liability in RF.  For better or worse, I think Cordell deserves the first shot here and he most definitely has the most upside of all the options.

Agreed, his defense alone is worth the upgrade from Palka. Cordell might come up and Engel it up at the plate sometimes but he has decent pop with solid RF defense. 2 things that Palka was not doing these first 3 weeks.

• Like 2