Jason Benetti's commentary during Anderson vs. Royals

Quin

This twitter user did a great side by side of Benetti and the atrocity that is the Royals TV broadcasters.

This was probably Benetti's best moment yet as a Sox broadcaster and I thought it was worth its own thread. People may like to rag on him because he can be cheesy, but he's a professional and infinitely better than people like Steve Physioc and Rex "The Moon is a Planet" Hudler.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

33 minutes ago, Quin said:

This twitter user did a great side by side of Benetti and the atrocity that is the Royals TV broadcasters.

This was probably Benetti's best moment yet as a Sox broadcaster and I thought it was worth its own thread. People may like to rag on him because he can be cheesy, but he's a professional and infinitely better than people like Steve Physioc and Rex "The Moon is a Planet" Hudler.

Oh... and I hope Tim or somebody on our team lights up Heath Fillmyer too.

53 minutes ago, ron883 said:

People hate on Jason, but I'm a big fan. I feel it is also more difficult when you are a commentator of a team that absolutely blows. Give him a better product and he wins more people over imo

Agree. Glad to have someone representing what modern baseball is moving towards. Move on from absurd old unwritten rules, when many fans are open to watching players just having fun. Jason and Steve nailed it. Keep having fun Timmy. Every sport growing in popularity embraces players having fun. Be better baseball.

I've liked Jason since he started with the Sox, but now I have a deeper respect for him.  I love his commentary about being better and just getting the guy out.  And now he's probably the newest member of the "Joe West is a Moron Club".

• Like 1

I said something in the game thread about hudler being a jackass. Benetti has good calls. Like the Eloy homers and so on. But where he lacks is in between. The stupid jokes the dumb questions and references.

35 minutes ago, JoshPR said:

I said something in the game thread about hudler being a jackass. Benetti has good calls. Like the Eloy homers and so on. But where he lacks is in between. The stupid jokes the dumb questions and references.

I'll say this.. it's better than Hawk when the team is bad. It got to the point where Hawk would go innings without talking.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I'll say this.. it's better than Hawk when the team is bad. It got to the point where Hawk would go innings without talking.

The hawkaroo was very frustrated with the bad baseball at the end there. Ill give you that

23 minutes ago, mqr said:

I said this in the gt, but people really gotta give him a chance until the team matters and this backs up my point. Making a bad team entertaining is incredibly difficult

Yes. And people have to stop acting like the job of the announcing team is to flatter their own intellect.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, SoxAce said:

He definitely won me over today with that.

yeah...he did a great job. I'm softening up on him...but i just wish the continual "comedy banter" with Stone would ease up a bit.

I will say this...had a been forced to listen to that soppy-ass Hudler yesterday I would have thrown my remote thru the tv. GOD I hate listening to that putz.

2 hours ago, Wanne said:

yeah...he did a great job. I'm softening up on him...but i just wish the continual "comedy banter" with Stone would ease up a bit.

I will say this...had a been forced to listen to that soppy-ass Hudler yesterday I would have thrown my remote thru the tv. GOD I hate listening to that putz.

When I lived in Missouri, MLB.TV blacked out Sox broadcasts against the Royals.

Dark times in my life.

The people who hate on Benetti confuse the hell out of me. Yeah, he's goofy. Yeah, he likes to have fun. Guess what? Baseball is fun. Guess what? The Sox stink. He has absolutely nothing else to do. He could be completely f***ing miserable for 6 months like Hawk was, but he and Stone make a great team. He makes it fun when they suck, and I find myself chuckling for a few moments every game. When games are on the line or when serious matters happen like these, he's absolutely outstanding.

• Love 1

38 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

The people who hate on Benetti confuse the hell out of me. Yeah, he's goofy. Yeah, he likes to have fun. Guess what? Baseball is fun. Guess what? The Sox stink. He has absolutely nothing else to do. He could be completely f***ing miserable for 6 months like Hawk was, but he and Stone make a great team. He makes it fun when they suck, and I find myself chuckling for a few moments every game. When games are on the line or when serious matters happen like these, he's absolutely outstanding.

I like Jason & Stone but please talk baseball and leave the comedy routines to the professionals.

2 hours ago, soxfan49 said:

Grumpy Hawk was entertaining

9 minutes ago, bmags said:

I liked Jason correcting stone on swing plane vs. launch angle.

They really have grown on me...a lot! Benetti really is talented. Does great basketball work as well.  His pairing with Bill Walton during the Maui Classic last year was phenomenal viewing.  I will say tho...while Benetti and Stone are a very good combo...I really love when Whimpy gets paired up with Benetti a few series during the year.