Giolito to 10 day IL, Cordell & Fulmer recalled

Sleepy Harold

26 minutes ago, 2nd_city_saint787 said:

I hope Banuelos gets the starts. I've given up on Fulmer as a starter.

I agree.  Fulmer actually looked good in the relief appearance earlier.  That should be where he is used and let Banuelos start.

15 minutes ago, hogan873 said:

I agree.  Fulmer actually looked good in the relief appearance earlier.  That should be where he is used and let Banuelos start.

Are either of them stretched out to throw 80+ pitches? I think whoever starts, the other will probably be in during the 4th inning.

1 minute ago, WBWSF said:

I was hoping that Cease would be brought up. I would have liked seeing him against Baltimore next week. Cease going 5 innings against the Orioles would have been interesting.

Without even worrying about the arbitration deadlines or experience levels, Cease isn't on the 40-man while Fulmer is. They will need to remove a player when they add Cease. 

4 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

Are either of them stretched out to throw 80+ pitches? I think whoever starts, the other will probably be in during the 4th inning.

This was my concern. Will they do a piggy back start with the two of them because they both have done multiple inning appearances?

12 minutes ago, ptatc said:

This was my concern. Will they do a piggy back start with the two of them because they both have done multiple inning appearances?

My guess would be they'll try to use any rainouts or offdays as starter 5 and then do exactly that if they need a 5th starter, one of them starts and goes 3-4 and the rest of the bullpen handles the rest. 

• 2 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

If gameday is reliable Cordell got 3 to 4 pitches right down the middle yesterday and did nothing with them. He was hitting those earlier. Hoping his hitting isn't going to free fall into Engel territory.

He did miss some right down the middle. He was clearly mad at himself. They were all around 95 mph. 

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

Does Banuelos go back to the bullpen then? 

Yah, I don't see it.  Maybe they bring Cease up for 1 start and send him back, but they're not cutting Nova yet and they need to give Banuelos at last a few more chances to start.

I don't think they bring Cease up until he'll be up for good.  So that likely either means cutting Nova, trading Rodon (doubt that happens), Banuelos gets shelled a few starts in a row or someone gets hurt. 

Edited by ChiSox59