4/18 Games

KnightsOnMintSt

7 minutes ago, Scoots said:

I am hoping Robert is our version of Vlad Jr. I think he has more potential with the bat than Jimenez, plus the speed. Oh mah garsh a lineup of Moncada, Anderson, Eloy, Robert, Moncada and Madrigal is sooooo sexy. 

With Moncada in the lineup twice, we’d never lose a game. 

10 minutes ago, Scoots said:

I am hoping Robert is our version of Vlad Jr. I think he has more potential with the bat than Jimenez, plus the speed. Oh mah garsh a lineup of Moncada, Anderson, Eloy, Robert, Moncada and Madrigal is sooooo sexy. 

Did we sign Moncada’s brother to play catcher?

46 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I'm going to give you so much shit if Rutherford ever becomes anything good. Of course ragging on prospects is just playing the percentages. I'm sure that isn't your MO.

I actually have a tendency to like prospects too much, only to be disappointed. Blake is just someone that every report prior to the trade was saying the quality of his contact sucks, but it seems the Sox zeroed in on him before the deadline.

5 minutes ago, Sox Fan In Husker Land said:

Hansen 2 IP 0 H 2 K. He did make an error. On the season 6 IP 0 H, 2 BB, 9 K. Please be fixed. 

Maybe the Sox keep him in the bullpen moving forward in hopes that he can be a shut down closer? 

Might make sense seeing as how Zach Burdi appears to be burnt toast. 

What is the point of keeping keeping Robert in A+? I have a feeling White Sox don't want him up this year at all, similar to Eloy last year, so they will delay his promotions as much as they can. If they promote him to AA soon and he continues raking it will be hard for them to keep him in the minors all season.

Edited by JuliusO1274

6 minutes ago, fathom said:

I actually have a tendency to like prospects too much, only to be disappointed. Blake is just someone that every report prior to the trade was saying the quality of his contact sucks, but it seems the Sox zeroed in on him before the deadline.

Apparently you don't like Rutherford, Sheets, Madrigal " too much". If you like prospects too much then we are the same but sure have a different way of showing it. You were also worried about Roberts power too if I recall. I'm not sure ,while being optimistic on prospects, that I get disappointed when they fail. It's just the nature of the game. If I am wrong for liking Rutherford , Madrigal and Sheets for their ability to spray the ball around I don't mind being wrong. I don't see them play so I don't have much to go on. Power often comes later and I don't worry about such things, I know young guys get bigger and stronger and part of development is also developing your body .

1 minute ago, JuliusO1274 said:

What is the point of keeping keeping Robert in A+? I have a feeling White Sox don't want him up this year at all, similar to Eloy last year, so they will delay his promotions as much as they can. If they promote him to AA soon and he continues raking it will be hard for them to keep him in the minors all season.

I don't think the Sox will bring him up this year due to the fact he has a grand total of 383 PA, including 198 above A ball, in the Sox minor league system. If he is brought up this year, it's due to the fact that he's hitting like this in AA & AAA. 

11 minutes ago, Sox Fan In Husker Land said:

Hansen 2 IP 0 H 2 K. He did make an error. On the season 6 IP 0 H, 2 BB, 9 K. Please be fixed. 

I will take every grain of sand blowing in the direction of being fixed when it comes to Hansen, I would imagine we see him go half the season in the pen and maybe then if he shows he can continue to command the strike zone  then and only then bring him back to starting.

3 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Apparently you don't like Rutherford, Sheets, Madrigal " too much". If you like prospects too much then we are the same but sure have a different way of showing it. You were also worried about Roberts power too if I recall. I'm not sure ,while being optimistic on prospects, that I get disappointed when they fail. It's just the nature of the game. If I am wrong for liking Rutherford , Madrigal and Sheets for their ability to spray the ball around I don't mind being wrong. I don't see them play so I don't have much to go on. Power often comes later and I don't worry about such things, I know young guys get bigger and stronger and part of development is also developing your body .

Fathom was certainly one of many on here concerned about Robert’s lack of power last year. The pessimists weren’t accepting nagging injury as an excuse either.

2 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Pretty sure I said Robert reminded me of Adam Jones in terms of power, and I don’t think I’m wrong. It’s beyond awesome how well he’s playing, but it’s pretty clear he should be in AA at least.  As far as Madrigal and Sheets, I just don’t think those type of players are valuable in today’s baseball. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, JuliusO1274 said:

What would there reason be for this?

Theyve already given him 30 million. The sooner he can contribute the better. 

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run

1 minute ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I will take every grain of sand blowing in the direction of being fixed when it comes to Hansen, I would imagine we see him go half the season in the pen and maybe then if he shows he can continue to command the strike zone  then and only then bring him back to starting.

Yeah this is much better than him walking seemingly every other batter with pitches not even close to the zone.

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Pretty sure I said Robert reminded me of Adam Jones in terms of power, and I don’t think I’m wrong. It’s beyond awesome how well he’s playing, but it’s pretty clear he should be in AA at least.  As far as Madrigal and Sheets, I just don’t think those type of players are valuable in today’s baseball. 

Madrigal and players like him still have a place. They're the moneyball players of the new era. Even if they don't hit it over the fence, if they spray the ball to all fields and get tons of 2B and 3B with elite speed and defense, that player is probably the most undervalued good player in baseball at the moment. 

3 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Fathom was certainly one of many on here concerned about Robert’s lack of power last year. The pessimists weren’t accepting nagging injury as an excuse either.

And yet Madrigal on the other hand is showing no power at all after having more time to heal.