4/18 12:10 pm - White Sox v. Tigers (Nova v. Ross)

TheTruth05

Going back an inning here, but what I like most about Eloy right now is the kid seems to adjust to what pitchers are doing to him really quickly.  That is the sign of a really good baseball player.

Also, does anyone know the genesis of Moncada's approach change?  Was that Yoan?  Was that Steverson?  Was that the new hitting coordinator guy?  I thought I remember Abreu trying to get him to be more aggressive last year.  Not sure if any reporter asked him about that.

Just now, BFirebird said:

Going back an inning here, but what I like most about Eloy right now is the kid seems to adjust to what pitchers are doing to him really quickly.  That is the sign of a really good baseball player.

Also, does anyone know the genesis of Moncada's approach change?  Was that Yoan?  Was that Steverson?  Was that the new hitting coordinator guy?  I thought I remember Abreu trying to get him to be more aggressive last year.  Not sure if any reporter asked him about that.

You need to give Steverson credit, I believe. They made a big deal about Moncada going to AZ in the winter to work with him. But, the success is largely seems to be about approach, not mechanical tweaks. So it's Moncada buying into him too. 

1 minute ago, BFirebird said:

Stone said Abreu told him he thought he should be more aggresive early in the count and they looked at the numbers and he was way better early in counts rather than later. 

1 minute ago, BFirebird said:

I mean, my dumb ass could have told him what the change he had to make and did make. 

5 minutes ago, bmags said:

From the front view I assumed he must have hit it at someone because he killt it but he put his head down almost right away so I thought he was mad. Then they cut to the outfield and, no reason to be mad at that.

He absolutely thought that was an out

• Kyyle23 unpinned and locked this topic