4/18 12:10 pm - White Sox v. Tigers (Nova v. Ross)

TheTruth05

3 minutes ago, Tony said:

This is not a rational take. 

Yes, it is. When a guy goes 6IP with 10 Hs and 4 ERs, you don't send him out there again. But hey, it's cool, it's not like our manager is completely awful at everything, and he should totally be defended after the occasional fuckup.

And I really wish the Tigers would stop hitting things to the LF corner. Eloy is getting exposed out there.

1 minute ago, fathom said:

It’s almost like having a bad fielding team and not getting strikeouts is a recipe for giving up runs 

This is one of the better fielding lineups we've put out.

1 minute ago, fathom said:

His effort this season behind the plate has been inexcusable. Trade him to the Cubs and let’s start the Collins experiment.

I know you are a glass half empty kinda guy, but Wellington Castillo knowing the rules of baseball should not be something to be held against him. 🤣

Edited by GermanSoxFan

2 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Who's a good fit with a bad defense? Right now we don't have Scherzer ,Randy Johnson or Nolan Ryan

Well maybe someone who could at least get an average number of strikeouts in the NL. So many of us predicted that Nova would be a bad fit.

Just now, fathom said:

Well maybe someone who could at least get an average number of strikeouts in the NL. So many of us predicted that Nova would be a bad fit.

If the team hadn't started crying poor right after getting these guys I'd have very little problem with Nova going 6 innings and giving up 5 runs most times out. His job is to throw 6 innings, not throw 6 good innings. For where this franchise should have been, that'd be worth his salary...but apparently they can't afford to spend money on anything other than keeping their next core together.

3 minutes ago, Tony said:

Right...when you look at it very simplistically. 

Herrera has been used 4 times in the last 5 days. 

Giolito had to leave after 3 IP

Colome isn't being used right now....and the rest of the pen is trash.

I hate our pen, but you need to give them a shot. Let Fry work through his issues on the mound. See what Osich can do. Give Banuelos a shot.

"The pen sucks and so we should use a mediocre and now tired starter instead of turning to the pen" is a really terrible philosophy.

• Kyyle23 unpinned and locked this topic